IGNORED

Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022)

zazen

27 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

Why didn't people spend this much time arguing about her ethical situation when she was still dying?  I don't think any of that matters once your death is over.

i just want a t-shirt like the world tour t-shirts of heavy metal era that has the dates and places of where they took her corpse for viewing after she died. 

• Like 1

I shouldn't be posting here since I don't really care, but exactly why is she important other than she was a "Queen"?

edit:

I mean, politically, was she like a good person or what?

Edited by logakght

37 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

Why didn't people spend this much time arguing about her ethical situation when she was still dying?  I don't think any of that matters once your death is over.

there's a metric fuck ton many times over.. of podcasts and books about colonialism and east india company etc so that conversation has been ongoing for a long long time. it just didn't have all the internet piling on of social media to focus it because of her death. so.. when she died it's when it all comes to a head in people's minds.. at least for a few minutes. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, logakght said:

I shouldn't be posting here since I don't really care, but exactly why is she important other than she was a "Queen"?

edit:

I mean, politically, was she like a good person or what?

shes an unelected dictator of the "United Kingdom" regime which oppressed large portions of the global population for centuries and which still does to this day domestically and abroad.  she has vast personal wealth consisting of stolen treasures from all over the world.  she could have at any point broke up the UK and returned as much stolen wealth as is possible in modern times, but she chose to do nothing, up until her death at 96 - she had PLENTY of time.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, logakght said:

Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4
  • Burger 1

20 minutes ago, ignatius said:

there's a metric fuck ton many times over.. of podcasts and books about colonialism and east india company etc so that conversation has been ongoing for a long long time. it just didn't have all the internet piling on of social media to focus it because of her death. so.. when she died it's when it all comes to a head in people's minds.. at least for a few minutes. 

Death isnt an event, its the end of an event

15 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

Death isnt an event, its the end of an event

opinions vary.  is the end of a thing not a thing? the experience of death very well could be a dud but who knows? could be a nice experience of finality. 

anyway.. i think the only point i was trying to make is "bunch of people are aware of the history of colonialism.. a monarch dying puts it in a lot of people's focus or tip of the tongue or whatever" so in our current environment of social media expression.. things get uh.. expressed by lot's of people sharing the same experience or thoughts or whatever. 

TLDR it is what it is. 

Edited by ignatius

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

opinions vary.  is the end of a thing not a thing? the experience of death very well could be a dud but who knows? could be a nice experience of finality. 

anyway.. i think the only point i was trying to make is "bunch of people are aware of the history of colonialism.. a monarch dying puts it in a lot of people's focus or tip of the tongue or whatever" so in our current environment of social media expression.. things get uh.. expressed by lot's of people sharing the same experience or thoughts or whatever. 

TLDR it is what it is. 

We aren't living, we're dying.  Death is what we call it when a person stops dying.

2 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

shes an unelected dictator of the "United Kingdom" regime which oppressed large portions of the global population for centuries and which still does to this day domestically and abroad.  she has vast personal wealth consisting of stolen treasures from all over the world.  she could have at any point broke up the UK and returned as much stolen wealth as is possible in modern times, but she chose to do nothing, up until her death at 96 - she had PLENTY of time.

please answer this:

1) do you live in the UK?

2) did you do any significant research on this before the queen's death and the resulting media coverage?

3) what is your reference material? where did you learn the information you're giving in this post?

47 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

We aren't living, we're dying.  Death is what we call it when a person stops dying.

ok. kinda splitting hairs or getting into semantics or belief systems or whatever.. honestly don't care though.. it is what it is. we're here then we're not here. 

3 hours ago, ignatius said:

it just didn't have all the internet piling on of social media to focus it because of her death. so.. when she died it's when it all comes to a head in people's minds.. at least for a few minutes. 

queen alive = mostly respected

queen dead = internet people start piling on, bashing her

next week = meh, whatever. on to the next headline. all forgotten.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, zero said:

next week = meh, whatever. on to the next headline. all forgotten.

the internet is going to undo colonialism because of her death though. i mean.. obviously. well informed and considerate and thoughtful aware people because of twitter retweets! we're moments away from utopia. 

http___makeagif.com__media_1-27-2015_8jr

• Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 2

13 hours ago, Dragon said:

please answer this:

1) do you live in the UK?

2) did you do any significant research on this before the queen's death and the resulting media coverage?

3) what is your reference material? where did you learn the information you're giving in this post?

1) is anything i said wrong

no

goto 1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

3 hours ago, zazen said:

Things are going a bit bonkers now.

Day 6 of 10

in USA there is or was a chain restaurant called Morrisons that's cafeteria style dining.. you get your tray and get in line and walk passed stuff and point at what you want or serve yourself. it was/is very popular with old people since it's cheap and there's 'everything you could want' for an old person. 

my first thought at seeing this was imagining the queen in line getting her salisbury steak and mashed potatoes and creamed corn and fried ochre. it's all mostly USA southern food of a type.