IGNORED

Poll: Estimate When Aphex Twin Will Start Touring Again / New Releases Are Going To Drop Again

o00o

New Aphex Twin Tour / Releases Timeline Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. New Tour

• later
  2. 2. New Releases

• later

• o00o changed the title to Poll: Estimate When Aphex Twin Will Start Touring Again / New Releases Are Going To Drop Again
20 minutes ago, o00o said:

I wonder how much later people assume. like 2030?

Probably between Wu-lu fourth LP and Future Brown big comeback album, same time as the release of the new Lonelady EP produced by Nozinja. That's my guess.

23 minutes ago, Ski Nell said:

tomorrow

Huge news! :beer:

Seriously though, I think there is just as much a chance of that as there is of a drop 10 years from now, or any time in between. 
At this point, I would just be happy if he automatically withdrew my money from my account and delivered the goods whenever it was ready.
I’m buying whatever/whenever you put out, Richard. 

• Like 1

His back catalogue is massive and keeps me busy so it’s not something that I think about that much. But I reckon a new record will appear way before he tours again. There might be a couple of big one off shows though. Maybe.

In my humble opinion.

It's a much wiser financial move to release NFTs and put your logo on other people's musical equipment/plugins than it is to release music.

Seriously, though, I'd suspect something or other to come in a year or two.

if this isn't on it then I'll shit myself in public in protest

37 minutes ago, killabyte11 said:

All I want is more material from the vaults.  Been going deep into the Soundcloud tracks and there are many which are among my favorite things he's ever done.  

i have to agree

although they lack the complexity of his more contemporary releases, i still find myself listening to his oldest tracks more than anything

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, diatoms said:

Did he DJ there? The tracks at the beginning sound like he performs them live

Syro was 2014. Doubt there’s much longer to wait. I’m quite sure, though not 100%, he lives and breathes making music. Though family commitments will perhaps mean he’s not in the right headspace for creating tracks worthy of an album. But also maybe having kids has rejuvenated his imagination! Who knows. It’s impossible to complain really about Richard. Though I hope the next album is better than the last one. Just cannot vibe with Syro at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, o00o said:

Did he DJ there? The tracks at the beginning sound like he performs them live

combo i think but i'm might be talkin out my arse

also aphex performed at forbidden fruit in 2011 & 2017

it gonna be another 6 years next year so fingers crossed for ireland

:aphexsign:

On 10/1/2022 at 5:10 PM, Ski Nell said:

i have to agree

although they lack the complexity of his more contemporary releases, i still find myself listening to his oldest tracks more than anything

Same here.  I find the material he released on Soundcloud to be significantly different than most of his commercial output.  It's like a sketchbook or sonic diary.

• Like 1

The Cure are known as one of the greatest B-side artists of all time. Soundcloud, which I guess is like a massive B-side compilation proves Aphex Twin is better. Though it’s easier when it’s just you and your machines and not having to organise a band of individuals. So maybe Robert and Richard can share the top spot ? 

• 1 month later...

We already know he had at least an EP of sweet tracks 3/4 years ago. So I imagine he is just stockpiling like between Tuss and Syro and will begin releasing again in due time. I bet it will be next year or year after. Just going with his 5-7 year time tables between activity... Drukqs -> Analord/Tuss -> Syro and stockpiled music as EPs.

• 4 weeks later...