IGNORED

Mount Kimbie - MK 3.5: Die Cuts | City Planning

thumbass

Out november 4th.

Pre-order:
https://mountkimbie.bandcamp.com/album/mk-35-die-cuts-city-planning

Really exited for this. The Die Cuts part isn't catching my ears as well as City Planning since I'm not really feeling the features but we'll see. Zone 1 is really nice.

Edited by thumbass
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2022 at 8:19 PM, beerwolf said:

Never listened to them. Quite sure that situation’s not gonna change anytime soon. 

their last record had some surprisingly decent krautrock inspired bangers (if you're into that sort of thing)

Spoiler

but yeah the rest of their stuff is kinda crap

• 3 weeks later...

WTF were they thinking lol

Pretty underwhelming release tbh. I already knew the Die Cuts part was gonna suck but I had some hope for City Planning. The tracks don't develop and are way  too short sadly. Nothing sticks.

ah, i thought it was decent! you're right it's a bit sketchy/has more of a mixtape vibe. perhaps it would've worked better as a couple of EPs, but there are some nice tunes here. 

haven't listened to die cuts (and tbh probably never will) but i'll definitely return to city planning

I don't understand why they released this as Mount kimbie? Easier to market? 

Underwhelming to say the least.

Given this a few listens today as I enjoyed the last one but not doing anything for me. Didn’t mind the Danny Brown track but not enough to go back 

After sitting with it I have to say this album has some nice fleeting moments. The Sattelite and Zone tracks are what i was expecting with this album. Ive been returning to it more than i thought. Might dig into Die Cuts after all

• 1 year later...
On 11/4/2022 at 4:09 PM, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

ah, i thought it was decent! you're right it's a bit sketchy/has more of a mixtape vibe. perhaps it would've worked better as a couple of EPs, but there are some nice tunes here. 

haven't listened to die cuts (and tbh probably never will) but i'll definitely return to city planning

one year (and a bit) later... i definitely still rate city planning. played it a number of times since it came out. also, finally listened to die cuts for the first time last week. not as tragic as i'd expected, but still not my cup of piss in all honesty.

as for the newer stuff... i quite liked the other two singles they put out for this record, but fishbrain seems pretty uninspired. overall quite keen to hear where the rest of it goes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...