IGNORED

Super Mario 64 Aphex Remixes

cern

• 2 months later...

i'm loving these! there are loads more of them on the on4word channel. the Vordhosbn remix in particular is phenomenal, really building up some steam here. thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dragon said:

i'm loving these! there are loads more of them on the on4word channel. the Vordhosbn remix in particular is phenomenal, really building up some steam here. thanks for sharing.

Yeah totally agree! I think he doing some good progress here 
In the beginning I was thinking it was little bit silly why Mario 64 but now the creator seems to go pretty deep with this. 

I think most of the Ambient tracks by Aphex would sound good and Analord tracks would be interesting as well like "Pissed Up In SE2" in this style. ?

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
7 hours ago, Goiter Sanchez said:

The Banjo Kazooie sound font Heliospan cover is phenomenal, as is Rhubarb with the Ocarina of Time vocal pad!

Even if it's  "only covers" I think it's standing out! 

29 minutes ago, X4creek said:

i dont really get this (for the lack of a better word) "trend" of covering tracks in the style of gaming consoles

ive never been terribly into gaming though so maybe that's why

I like them a lot, listened to the Ocarina of Time version of Rhubarb a few times today.

I am not a big gamer, either. Online chess is the only kind I play at this point, but I did get for Christmas as a child an N64, and the soundtracks to some of those games has a lot of nostalgia for that reason, just hours immersed in those games and the sounds were a big part of how engrossing and fun they were to play. Plus can't go wrong with select ambient Aphex, no matter what the sounds are.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2023 at 2:04 AM, cern said:

i've listened to this album a few times now and it's honestly incredible. on the surface it may seem like a casual indie hobby project, but it's more than that - these tracks have an immediate appeal and charm and it's clear that on4word has put a lot of love into them. the sound design and production is insanely good, with careful attention to detail and a keen sense of direction, not just to recreate the music, but to inject some originality as well.

the cover versions of Rhubarb and Stone In Focus on this album are probably the closest thing you'll get to SAW 3. i think they're masterpieces. ethereal, heavenly, loopable. i was sure i'd forgotten was it was like to hear SAW2 for the first time...

just go ahead and pick it up on bandcamp. youtube embeds don't do it justice.

https://on4word.bandcamp.com/album/selected-aphex-works-n64

• Like 1

• 1 month later...