IGNORED

Actress - Dummy Corporation EP

thumbass

Not a huge fan of these/this track, but still looking forward to hearing the EP in full. 

Edited by Silent Member
Maybe I should read my posts before posting

Very nice track. I revisit Actress' clubby tracks more frequently than his others in general so this is right up my alley

Edited by thumbass

5 hours ago, BobDobalina said:

Yeah totally digging this, stoked for some proper Actress

But srsly fuck is the point of having an track and also track (edit) on a fucking digital release tho?

Its pretty normal with more pop oriented singles. Its like a radio edit.

19 hours ago, thumbass said:

Its pretty normal with more pop oriented singles. Its like a radio edit.

Ayyy, comment made fully aware of this.  Unless there's a critical mass of fanbois running shit-hot IDM pirate radio from their mom's basements (and pressed for time at that, lol), I don't get the point for (edit)s on an Actress EP.  Bro is just padding the runtime with 53% new footage.

3 hours ago, BobDobalina said:

Ayyy, comment made fully aware of this.  Unless there's a critical mass of fanbois running shit-hot IDM pirate radio from their mom's basements (and pressed for time at that, lol), I don't get the point for (edit)s on an Actress EP.  Bro is just padding the runtime with 53% new footage.

I dont necessarily agree. I also don't really understand why he felt the need to add the edits since no one is going to play them on actual radio, but it's not really padding imo. Its an EP with four very long tracks. The first one is around 20 mins if I'm not mistaken. That makes the ep 40 mins long. It's just a nice extra for people with worse attention spans. Also sometimes it's nice to put on a short banger and then move on with your life.

edit is tighter, it's deece. the full version meanders a bit too much on first listen at least

it is a bit odd releasing both the edit and the long version at once tho...more interesting is that the 19 minute title track doesn't have an edit tho. curious what the whole EP is gonna sound like.

also, please change the spelling of the title it's killing me every time i see it thnx :wtf:

Edited by auxien

• thumbass changed the title to Actress - Dummy Corporation EP
  • 4 weeks later...

I like the first track, it reminds me of early Vladislav Delay at times. 'Fragments of a Butterfly's Face' is also nice.
The repeating sample in Dream is pretty annoying so that one is a skip from me.

• Like 1

Im enjoying it. Not that he's had a bad run or anything but this def feels like its back to basics, getting the essentials right. Loving the haze. Wonder if there is any plans for a physical release?

Was a little underwhelmed on 1st listen..though think that was partly because I was expecting it to all be banging techno like Dream.

Listening again now & enjoying it a lot more, its very much suiting the vibe on this misty grey afternoon