IGNORED

Orbital - Optical Delusion. 17th February.

purlieu

5 hours ago, perunamuusi said:

I don't  know if that would be fun even if you were his mate and in the room skinning uo and drinking

But you have to admit, that's one impressive studio!

On 10/21/2022 at 7:47 AM, purlieu said:

Christ, that new single was the longest three and a half minutes of my life.

Hopefully the bonus disc will be instrumental versions. Although I still resent having to pay £37 to get it.

OI! @purlieu aka RU'SS!! SHUDD-UP!! YA DON'T KNO' WAD'YA ON A'BOOU, YA DIRTY RATT vvvvvvvvvv O

But nah seriously, this new single, "Dirty Rat" brings me back to the "Middle Of Nowhere" Era, and that music video, would fit straight into late 90's television, aka MTV AMP.

Meaning, the Hartnoll brothers have captured that spirit again, with "Dirty Rat" anyway. But for now, what I'm currently hearing so far, good on ya lads!

Edited by LooseLink
  • Like 2

Think a few people might be getting the wrong idea about the new album. 

There have been a lot of names in the "featuring" list, and there are a few tracks that have what I'd call proper vocals, but the rest of it is Orbital doing what they normally do with a lot of the tracks - a lot of the vocals are cut up, sampled and manipulated (think of new album bonus track "The Crane" sort of thing from the Around The World In 80 Raves set recently) or the featuring names are vocal loops (like new album track "Frequency" from the recent Mary Anne Hobbs Mix) - in true Orbital style. This will be more upbeat album than Monsters Exist I think.  

I think people will listen to the album and say "What A Surprise"

I will say one other other thing about Dirty Rat anyway, and I think most of us are also thinking the same thing, that vid so far, it does feel like one half of a song... so now, looking forward to the next album also, but.... I'm also looking forward to the next Orbital Live thing: "Glastonbury 2024-2034" where we get that 11+ minute rendition of Dirty Rat, where the last half is mostly breakbeat, Underworld-esque, pumping thing, or Underworld themselves can remix the track 'emselves, wateva SHUDD'UP! vv O

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LooseLink said:

I'm also looking forward to the next Orbital Live thing: "Glastonbury 2024-2034" where we get that 11+ minute rendition of Dirty Rat,

Wonder what pop songs would get mixed into it, Cardi B - WAP and Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl maybe ?

• Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 11:32 PM, mcbpete said:

Wonder what pop songs would get mixed into it, Cardi B - WAP and Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl maybe ?

As long as it's not "heaven is a place on earth" again, then fine, oh no..... it does have a similar tempo.... oh gud' nah SHUDD'UP :)

Edited by LooseLink
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's weird, the vocals almost work (especially the ghostly snippets). For me it's just a bit too clunky a vocal phrase to come across anything other than .... well clunky! (Expecting another track on the album to feature lyrics from 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' and 'Old MacDonald had a farm')

• Haha 3

Cautiously somewhat optimistic about this one (not listening to the singles out already). One thing's for sure, the artwork reminds me of the lovely psychedelic kitsch of In Sides