IGNORED

wtf happened to all the shit youtube comments?

Dragon

i've just realised that for ages - and idk when it started - every time i scroll down and read a youtube comments section, everyone is positive, giving praise, being supportive and at least 90% of them have something meaningful to say.

now that is scientifically impossible. you all remember the arguments and degenerate opinions of classic youtube - humanity hasn't changed and this can only be the result of mind-bending AI fuckery.

is it possible that these positive comments are all just auto-generated? google can do that now right?

tell me if you're seeing the same thing as me because i am panicking. if i discover today that everyone on the planet had figured out how to show empathy and spell properly i will lose my fucking shit.

• Haha 1

is it not just a weighted aggregate order now (not sure what to call it) instead of simply dropping the most recent jackassery right at the top like it used to? Maybe I dreamt this but I thought that back in ancient times you'd see comments pushed down every time something new was added, reverse chatroom style. and since the brains of most youtube users have been ironed smooth, you had to wade through trash constantly. I actually had a rule for myself that I would never - no exceptions - read comments there. still try to avoid it, but yeah, the tone is generally more civil over there these days. 

8 hours ago, Dragon said:

i've just realised that for ages - and idk when it started - every time i scroll down and read a youtube comments section, everyone is positive, giving praise, being supportive and at least 90% of them have something meaningful to say.

now that is scientifically impossible. you all remember the arguments and degenerate opinions of classic youtube - humanity hasn't changed and this can only be the result of mind-bending AI fuckery.

is it possible that these positive comments are all just auto-generated? google can do that now right?

tell me if you're seeing the same thing as me because i am panicking. if i discover today that everyone on the planet had figured out how to show empathy and spell properly i will lose my fucking shit.

i think it's just that we all hide time to reflect during the covid lockdowns and realized we need to be better to each other.

9 hours ago, Dragon said:

Thats how Googles algoritms working yo!! Yes they can do that.

Google can automatically track down comments starts with " I hate" or "Im disappointed" etc... 
Those comments will get all the way down to the bottom or taken down very fast! 

Everything with "I love" and specially "I love this channel" etc will be set all the way up always. 
This is typical how stuff working when you search on google also. There also companys just paying for being high up.