What tracks and why? (Have we done this already?)

Andy Stott-Up The Box (Luxury Problems). The way this turns into an almost generic dnb-track is just terrible. It adds nothing to an otherwise great album.

Aphex Twin-Produk 29 [101] (Syro). Track 3 after the brilliant start with Minipops and XMAS_EVET. It's just so slow and lazy with those annoying vocal samples. More like a b-side on a single.

Huerco S-Plonk IX (Plonk). The album is such a great follow up and evolution of the vibes on Colonial Patterns, and For Those...  And then it's this track sounding like some random stoner rapping over sub-par beats for seven fucking minutes. 

Massive Attack-Light my fire (Live) (Protection). It made a 10/10 album a 9/10 because of this shit. Why include a random live track to a studio album? Luckily it's the last track.  

I tend to skip the cirklont tracks on Syro. In my opinion the album is near perfect and everything sounds very smooth, exept for those tracks in the middle. They are good but I often find myself not in the mood for them

Electronic music albums with tracks they starting to sing like wtf? 
Fennesz and Venetians Snares.. Like wtf come on! 

And track 12 (last track in first disc on Selected Ambient Works II )
It's just too haunting and that annoying wind clocks.. ?

4 hours ago, scumtron said:

Andy Stott-Up The Box (Luxury Problems). The way this turns into an almost generic dnb-track is just terrible. It adds nothing to an otherwise great album.

Had this chat with a mate when it came out, he loved it, I wasn't so keen. I find it jarring, though I wouldn't skip it. 

I find Smedleys Melody on Feed Me Weird Things annoying enough to warrant a skip. 

3 minutes ago, Shimon_Shimon said:

I find Smedleys Melody on Feed Me Weird Things annoying enough to warrant a skip. 

It starts so good with a lovely smooth bass-guitar then this annoying samples ruining it. 

I know this is sacrilege around here but irlite (get 0), to me it's one of their worst tracks ever, and its placement of #2 on the album makes it even worse because the flow of the album is messed up right from the get-go. I took it out of the playlist entirely... Exai is a perfect album otherwise.

Last time I brought this up I was stoned to death with violent gifs lol

9 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

I know this is sacrilege around here but irlite (get 0), to me it's one of their worst tracks ever, and its placement of #2 on the album makes it even worse because the flow of the album is messed up right from the get-go. I took it out of the playlist entirely... Exai is a perfect album otherwise.

image.gif.46776e30aafa5745e09548783252b1eb.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

i'm genuinely curious to know why you think it's one of their worst tracks (it's my fav on exai, and one of my alltime ae favs overall).

3 hours ago, AnwarAutokino said:

i'm genuinely curious to know why you think it's one of their worst tracks (it's my fav on exai, and one of my alltime ae favs overall).

K I don't want to trigger anyone or spoil anyone's enjoyment of the track so:

Spoiler

To me it just sounds like a big mess (yeah lol to say this about an autechre track). Basically I just don't like any of the sounds they're using, not a big fan of that style of beat either. But by far the biggest offender is the ridiculous "melody". It actually sounds like a joke to me but it's not funny.

So basically: everything about it lol.

I think I'd probably come around to the track if not for those notes, but yeah, just total cringe to my ears, passes over the line of "ae messing around" into Fail territory. Nothing else about the track is redeeming enough to look past that element.

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Like 2

On 10/28/2022 at 1:38 AM, toaoaoad said:

Closedown on Disintegration

image.gif.4d8bfe9a7c90cd48443f4b664a2ee15e.gif

Jesus. What is it this time? I'm only mock offended, always interested in matters of taste when it comes to sound/music. 

Will start my music listening with Disintegration this morning, without skipping any tracks. 

• Burger 1