IGNORED

V/A - (Artificial Intelligence) 30th Anniversary Reissue - December 9, 2022

YELLOW

1 hour ago, beerwolf said:

Original cd works fine. Not fussed about vinyl unless absolutely essential (that's you Aphex or BOC). T-shirt? definitely not bothered. 

Pass.

not a tote bag aficionado then I take it? don't forget the tote bag man! a warp AI branded tote bag may be exactly what's been missing in your life. 

tote bag. has a nice ring to it. this is the phrase of the day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, splesh said:

The idea of doing a third instalment would make a lot of sense. Perhaps too much it seems ?

Who could be featured? Serious question; which artists on Warp would make a good and relevant third instalment?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, species8472 said:

happy for a repress. not sure why everybody had these crazy expectations. 

Not expectations. Just small hopes, but out of the "do not really care much" realm. WARP is glorious past. Today they have artists I do not know and a pricy store I usually and easily avoid. And they reprint vinyl. So all in all I wonder if they've become a hipster garbage bin, selling exclusivity for 50 year old IT managers with beards. 

Edited by WurstPLUS
  • Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

this brings back memories of seeing the (original) cassette on the shelves week after week in my local HMV some thirty years back. never made a move on it as an album.

remastered, i might have picked up the CD.

i am perplexed by the shirts and tote bags too.

fwiw, i pretty much felt warp was done by the time MHTRTC appeared. ducking for cover right now.

11 hours ago, WurstPLUS said:

Not expectations. Just small hopes, but out of the "do not really care much" realm. WARP is glorious past. Today they have artists I do not know and a pricy store I usually and easily avoid. And they reprint vinyl. So all in all I wonder if they've become a hipster garbage bin, selling exclusivity for 50 year old IT managers with beards. 

total side bar here...but news of this reissue has made me look at some of warp's recent releases, since I stopped paying much attention to the warp roster a long time back. damn...can't believe Nightmares on Wax is still at it. he's a Warp OG who was there from more or less the get go of this scene. can't say I like much of the vocall-y stuff he's doing now, but that dude has been with Warp his entire career and keeps rolling with his thing...deserves respect right there.

5 hours ago, zero said:

total side bar here...but news of this reissue has made me look at some of warp's recent releases, since I stopped paying much attention to the warp roster a long time back. damn...can't believe Nightmares on Wax is still at it. he's a Warp OG who was there from more or less the get go of this scene. can't say I like much of the vocall-y stuff he's doing now, but that dude has been with Warp his entire career and keeps rolling with his thing...deserves respect right there.

amazing how far one good song will get you

• 3 weeks later...

I found an OG copy in a record store maybe 5 years ago and held it in my hands for about 10 minutes but didn’t buy it because it was $70. It was one of my “white whale” LPs. I’ve since almost completely stopped purchasing vinyl (except if dungen, RDJ or Ceephax has a new release) but I am really considering buying this one. This comp and the On ep were the first tracks I’d heard from warp or RDJ back in the day - tho I didn’t immediately know that The Dice Man was also RDJ - so lots of special feels stuffed in there. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...