IGNORED

Books, ephemera, etc. that remind you of BOC

valsprismatico

Yep, one of these posts. I discovered this book (and its accompanying LP!) through diving deep into Venezuelan electronic and proggy type music over the years. I've yet to see the actual documentary, but hope to some day. The book and documentary journal a hot air ballon journey in and around Venezuela. I've always gotten major BOC vibes from the book - it's just fun to look at and dream. 

Here's a link to the soundtrack. I uploaded some sips to YouTube awhile back - the music, composed by Randy Walters, does not remind me of BOC. https://www.discogs.com/release/11264412-Randy-Walters-Desde-El-Mar-De-Las-Alturas

About the score: "Vencerámica promotion/sponsorship. A compilation of selections from several scores for films on hot-air ballooning in Venezuela, broadcast on the National Geographic Explorer program on the Discovery Channel.

The primary instruments are a massive Oberheim 8-voice modular polyphonic synthesizer, mated with an Arp 2600 synth. Other instruments include a Hammond C3 organ, Hohner D6 Clavinet, and one of the earliest digital synthesizers: an Alpha Syntauri that ran on an early Apple II Plus computer with Mountain Computer audio hardware."

Curious if anyone has anything else to share. I really don't want to take this to Twoism, but I will if I have to - my coat is ready. 

IMG_7925.jpg

IMG_7940.jpg

IMG_7939.jpg

IMG_7938.jpg

IMG_7937.jpg

IMG_7936.jpg

IMG_7935.jpg

IMG_7932.jpg

IMG_7930.jpg

IMG_7929.jpg

IMG_7928.jpg

IMG_7927.jpg

IMG_7926.jpg

IMG_7949.jpg

IMG_7948.jpg

IMG_7950.jpg

Edited by valsprismatico
  • Like 6

Indeed, that is a cool looking book :boc:

Wouldn't mind a copy myself

Love hot air ballooning. Done it a few times over the years. Once in the Red Centre of Australia, Cappadocia and hmmm not so interesting but still nice Henley-On-Thames. Nice memories there.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

Wow I've seen all these actually, some great picks here.

When I was a kid in the 80s, I was like 6 or 7, Phase IV was on tv one afternoon and it blew my mind. I thought about it for years later without knowing the name of the movie or fully comprehending what it was about.

The first time I listened to BOC it totally reminded me of that old movie and I eventually found it again. Definitely a similar vibe.

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

On 11/2/2022 at 4:55 PM, valsprismatico said:

Curious if anyone has anything else to share. I really don't want to take this to Twoism, but I will if I have to - my coat is ready. 

Keep off the moors. Don’t stray from the path…

966BCCB8-59EB-4BA1-B085-74C914CDB941.jpeg.662090f60e1cb54f1b5838b70bd5809b.jpeg

Edited by beerwolf
  • Burger 1

• 2 weeks later...