IGNORED

Mortal Kombat 2 tribute song

awepittance

Cool. :cool: I luv these Mortal themed tracks you do. I love the toms toms in this tune - pure cheese!! Add more add more please. Extend it definitely. Really enjoyable. Built nicely and was just getting real cool towards the last 30/40secs. I'm sure you can do more. Yeah me likes. :fear:

You should do a whole record of these type of tracks definitely. The last 30/40 secs I was just really feeling as the track really started to take off. For me you could easily expand this motherfucker into a 5min epic!! IMO its only just begun but boy what a start. Great start, great track. :cool:

I'll never forget the day I got MK2 on the SNES. I had MK1 and it was a bitter disappointment... no blood! So I was ever so eager for the sequel, with its promise of full, arcade-style gore.

I got the game for my birthday.

PS, nice track!

I'll never forget the day I got MK2 on the SNES. I had MK1 and it was a bitter disappointment... no blood! So I was ever so eager for the sequel, with its promise of full, arcade-style gore.

I prepurchased my game through Electronics Boutique and the anticipation for MK2 was so huge that the store released it earlier than the actual release date! It was finally a game where the Genesis version was undoubtedly much worse, (good ammunition for sega genesis vs snese arguments :ok: )

I don't think i've ever felt a mental buzz like that since....well since i first saw MK2 in the arcade. Does anybody recall that Mk2 the arcade game had absolutely ZERO promotion. It was like a total surprise for all the fans and created an instant subculture of children (and even adults) more than anything id seen in my life up until that point. It was a rare time in history when 1 out of every 20 kids was selling their own Mk2 fatality faq at school.

PS, nice track!

thanks

You should do a whole record of these type of tracks definitely. The last 30/40 secs I was just really feeling as the track really started to take off. For me you could easily expand this motherfucker into a 5min epic!! IMO its only just begun but boy what a start. Great start, great track. :cool:

thanks for the kind words and suggestions. I was thinking of adding maybe 45 seconds to the track and cap it off with some fake fatality music and gorey sound fx.

oh btw, i made another MK1 style track that i never showed anyone. Its definitly not as cool as my first MK1 track, but check it out -

mk1 tribute take 2

goro1.gif

influenced by the music on the stage where you fight this guy

oh btw, i made another MK1 style track that i never showed anyone. Its definitly not as cool as my first MK1 track, but check it out -

mk1 tribute take 2

goro1.gif

influenced by the music on the stage where you fight this guy

Thanks for that other tune I'll check that. :shade:

It's a goodun but it needs more FM synthesis a la the first Mortal Kombat track you posted back in April/May time. FM synthesis is the future of metal awesomeness.....,

It's a goodun but it needs more FM synthesis a la the first Mortal Kombat track you posted back in April/May time. FM synthesis is the future of metal awesomeness.....,

i feel you, fm synthesis is very asthetically pleasing. Did you check out that second track in the same thread? That's almost 100% fm synthesis (the snare and hi hat are samples).

The reason i decided not to go with fm in this song was to stay true to the soundtrack of MK2. The majority of the MK2 soundtrack is sampled, albeit cheesy Brad Fieldel Terminator 2 meets Kabuki theatre music..

Here is a sample of real MK2 arcade music

Guest IdironBoomtracks

the frankness of what you say, and the fact that someone whos named themselves after the kid in Hackers (complete with spinning skull gif) says lol, doesn't inspire much confidence... j00 fereal?

Archived