IGNORED

Topdown Dialectic - S/T 2013

d-a-m-o

Repress of the first tape on Peak Oil

"Essential wax transfer of Topdown Dialectic’s elusive 2013 debut, originally issued as the final title from short-lived American media imprint Tailings. From its first swooning seconds, the project’s signature palette takes hold: fractal laptop gauze, whispered rhythm networks, and disembodied systems flickering in elevated spheres of smeared circuitry. This is music of immateriality and residue, ambient techno ghost files found in dormant sectors of the cloud.

As a process not a person, Topdown Dialectic encourages listeners to focus solely on the sound, devoid of narrative or autobiographical frame. The sensation is liberating. Unnamed and unknown, opaque and oblique, each track is a transfixing microcosm of glitch, mystery, and murmuring emotion. A synergy of fragments and echoes and accidents, immaculately conceived, forever unfolding and unfinished."

Edited by d-a-m-o
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 11/4/2022 at 7:32 PM, BobDobalina said:

Aw hell yeah. I never gave in to listening to the rip of this on yt, so it's gonna be like opening a present guaranteed to be ?

Aw hell yeah is right. Comparing the two preview tracks to the muddy cassette->youtube rip, it sounds fantastic, huge and detailed. Not to mention suddenly in actual stereo.

Edited by aencre
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, species8472 said:

this is ridiculously good. and the new digitals sound amazing.

Yeeeeeah I just introduced the flacs to my virgin ears, lush AF.  Would willingly hook B1 to my veins if possible.  Love this project and whatever forces are behind it

• Like 1