IGNORED

zazen

I fucking loved it

Beautiful underwater stuff, a lot of actually quite complicated character relationships being set up, and a humdinger of an action set piece in the final hour. And its actually about something important. I can easily see how they can make three more of these. And Cameron has hinted its going to go in unexpected directions later.

People who didnt like it, please come to this thread and then we can get all tribal about it ?

Edited by zazen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Better than 1 story-wise, felt the 3D was somehow worse than 1 but maybe I was expecting too much/not as easily  impressed as before.

The whale hunting scene is amazing and makes you hate people so much.

Worth watching but as forgettable as the first.

• Like 1

saw the first avatar in hospital recovery room after a heart procedure.. think i've mentioned this in another thread? can't recall.. anyway.. it was the DVD on loop and i was doped to the gills on fentanyl so i kept nodding off and then waking up in different parts of the movie.. i think i saw the whole movie like 1.5 times or something and eventually had a picture of the plot and stuff but generally thought it was pretty goofy but a great movie to see when you're in a hospital recovery room doped to fuck on class A narcotics. 

• Like 4

On 12/28/2022 at 4:52 PM, ignatius said:

saw the first avatar in hospital recovery room after a heart procedure.. think i've mentioned this in another thread? can't recall.. anyway.. it was the DVD on loop and i was doped to the gills on fentanyl so i kept nodding off and then waking up in different parts of the movie.. i think i saw the whole movie like 1.5 times or something and eventually had a picture of the plot and stuff but generally thought it was pretty goofy but a great movie to see when you're in a hospital recovery room doped to fuck on class A narcotics. 

that sounds like better than seeing it in 3d

• Like 1
  • Haha 1