IGNORED

Legiac - Banisteriopsis Caapi

splesh

Roel Funcken and Cor Bolten are set to deliver us an album named for the plant(s) used in the brewing of the psychedelic ayahuasca/yage brew in its title and track names, along with some other peripherally related content. Named for the ayahuasca plant itself, Banisteriopsis caapi is one of two albums this winter Legiac are putting out about psychoactives and is due in February. The other which focuses more on deliriant compounds such as those found in datura is called Vespertine and is due this January.
a3490221665_10.jpg

• Like 4

i have that other Legiac record and love it. it's been on the ipod for ages. glad to know there's more coming. Roel came to portland a while back for a DJ set. was a nice night. super down to earth dude. enjoyed his set. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i have that other Legiac record and love it. it's been on the ipod for ages. glad to know there's more coming. Roel came to portland a while back for a DJ set. was a nice night. super down to earth dude. enjoyed his set. 

They have two afaik, Mings Feaner and The Faex Has Decimated. Both are excellent so if you're missing one you should rectify that asap :emotawesomepm9:

EDIT whaddaya know they actually have 3, "the Voynich Manuscript" from 2016 as well

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

They have two afaik, Mings Feaner and The Faex Has Decimated. Both are excellent so if you're missing one you should rectify that asap :emotawesomepm9:

EDIT whaddaya know they actually have 3, "the Voynich Manuscript" from 2016 as well

Mings Feaner is one of the very best things Roel has ever done. Such a rich alien mood, and filled with great tracks. I wasn't as impressed by the other albums. 

Very keen for these. The tracks I've heard from Roel sets have been very nice!

I'm relatively new to Roel's music and am thoroughly delighted to have found someone who crafts such lovely music in this side of music that is both neither strongly derivative and thoroughly psychedelic

13 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

Mings Feaner

that's the one i have and really like

edit: is his other stuff now only available via subscription? weird. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mings Feaner, Faex has Decimated, and Voynich Manuscript are all pretty great - the last of those is quite different stylistically, more of a dark ambient sort of vibe. Totally worth it singing up for Mr. Funcken's subscription on bandcamp, even if for just a little while to pick up the large amount of quality back catalog stuff.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...