IGNORED

Clark - Sus Dog (new album)

thumbass

Finally got the CD, packaging looks beautiful! The feel of the CD case and the art in the booklet are great. Thanks Chris!

• 2 weeks later...

Re-upping here: this new album has made me realize how much I have liked his music for a very long time. I know a lot of it gets (or got) memed on here, but he's so consistent and has his own style that not much comes anywhere near. My first new release being a fan of his was "Totems Flare," so that album has a special place in my heart, and I've really liked everything pretty much since. New album is a grower and has some truly wonderful bits therein, it also leans into the softer and more ambient tracks hard when it does and that's a welcome album-experience to me.

Loved Totems Flare, loved Iradelphic, loved Clark, loved Death Peak, stuff before that was already pretty great (the art on them is top quality too). I need to give the other ones in those spaces some more space too.

• Like 1

Checked out this album today. It's good but its kind of hard to get over the singing at times. It kind of sounds like Clark doing a weird Thom Yorke impression and I just don't think the chops are there. Maybe it will grow on me but I cant help the feeling that this album would be better with the vox track muted ?

• Like 4

Really quite impressed with this album. "Town Crank" and "Dismissive" are two of my favorite Clark tracks in a decade. The fact that they're led by his vocals is a pretty great achievement!

17 hours ago, Jobe said:

Really quite impressed with this album. "Town Crank" and "Dismissive" are two of my favorite Clark tracks in a decade. The fact that they're led by his vocals is a pretty great achievement!

'Dismissive' and 'Dolgoch Tape' for me. Bring tears to my eyes safely every time and that's some kind of a quality control thing #oversharing

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tokn said:

'Dismissive' and 'Dolgoch Tape' for me. Bring tears to my eyes safely every time and that's some kind of a quality control thing #oversharing

Clark has always come across to me as a very earnest artist, even, and perhaps especially, when he tries not to be. I can really identify with that in my own life.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wonder if he still plans on releasing those versions of Sus Dog tracks he posted before the album

I think someone asked him and in an IG post about it and he said something along the lines of yes but that was a few weeks before/after (?) the record iirc

Honestly these sound like rough drafts that have led to the final LP versions, so I would doubt it. To have some more unpolished, Totem Flare sounding versions would be ace though.

On a side note thinking about going to Amsterdam to see his live show, still no Berlin gig. Maybe my tenth Clark show or so haha.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, X4creek said:

I wonder if he still plans on releasing those versions of Sus Dog tracks he posted before the album

I think someone asked him and in an IG post about it and he said something along the lines of yes but that was a few weeks before/after (?) the record iirc

Screenshot_20230911-143024.thumb.png.dcc414051bd75df5946cf4ea640924e5.png

Still haven't listened to this, waiting for instrumentals.

Do you think he'd ever release an instrumental version tho or would that be too much like admitting the vocal thing didn't work out? Is it an ego thing?

I mean I really just can't listen to this. But a lot of the music sounds quite good :shrug:

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, X4creek said:

i get being frustrated over vocals but wow this is too much LOL

Excuse me, is this referring to my post? And if so, how is it "too much"? The subject of alternate versions being released came up 🤷🏼‍♂️ Hadn't been thinking about this at all until then, but it reminded me I might be interested in this if there were instrumentals. I assume plenty of others share this viewpoint. If you don't like someone's harmless post then maybe take a break for awhile and go do something else.

Edited by toaoaoad

12 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

Excuse me, is this referring to my post? And if so, how is it "too much"? The subject of alternate versions being released came up 🤷🏼‍♂️ Hadn't been thinking about this at all until then, but it reminded me I might be interested in this if there were instrumentals. I assume plenty of others share this viewpoint. If you don't like someone's harmless post then maybe take a break for awhile and go do something else.

yeah i didnt really need to comment apologies

On 9/12/2023 at 4:57 AM, toaoaoad said:

Still haven't listened to this, waiting for instrumentals.

Do you think he'd ever release an instrumental version tho or would that be too much like admitting the vocal thing didn't work out? Is it an ego thing?

I mean I really just can't listen to this. But a lot of the music sounds quite good :shrug:

Acapellas are on the way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Listened a few times to this. It's alright. Think Clark needs a pat on the back for a fair attempt at a curveball in direction (though he's always been fairly experimental and used vocals before, as we know). Not sure I love it though. It is however, a very well made record. Though not necessarily for me. And I don't get more diplomatic than that!

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2023 at 10:36 AM, X4creek said:

im really hoping that he makes another Techno record after this one S/T and Death Peak are absolutely fantastic imo

His self titled album along with his Flame Rave EP are his best IMO, I know many disagree, but I love it. I definitely want more of that, Death Peak wasn't nearly as good, way to much of a mixed bag by comparison. I think he is all over the place in which albums I like, there aren't particular Clark time periods that I like really, just particular releases, which is unusual, as usually there is some connection between time periods and clusters of favourite releases with most artists.

Edited by MDF
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...