IGNORED

Surgeon - Crash Recoil [Tresor]

Wicked. Oak Bank is a nice opener. Looking forward to hearing this. 

I can hear Coil, King Tubby, Detroit Techno and The Cure all wrapped up with 30 years of DJing

Edit: Tresor is repressing Force + Form in April 

https://tresorberlin.bandcamp.com/album/force-form

Edited by Shimon_Shimon

Hype hype hype hype hyyyyype!!! Surgeon is definitely one of the most consistently bright lights as far as big name techno producers are concerned. "I can hear Coil, King Tubby, Detroit Techno and The Cure all wrapped up with 30 years of DJing"... that coupled with the sounds/sound of Oak Bank has me very excited indeed

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, just listened to Oak Bank, very nice.  Bleep now have pre-orders up.  Very happy to hear this album, if its based on sketches from recent live shows then it should be great, saw him twice last year.

*edit*
the digitals on bleep are cheaper than the tresor bandcamp, even for .wav.  I know some prefer the convenience of the bandcamp player though, but you could save a couple of quid over there. 

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The two tracks available at the moment are very much in the vein of James Ruskin; having followed Surgeon for over 25 years I'm a bit underwhelmed by the tracks, but I'll give my verdict when the full album is released. I wasn't mightily impressed with Luminosity Device either, after the absolutely stunning Breaking The Frame. Nevertheless I've always liked Surgeon's output, don't get me wrong - I'm a huge fan, it's just that I'm not that much into his recent sound development.

Edited by dcom

21 minutes ago, Pirtek said:

I've followed Surgeon on and off over the years, but in the last couple of years, I've really got into his music.

Yeah, although I'm critical towards the more recent developments it's still good AF.

• Like 1

Love to have him back on Tresor. The trilogy he released on the label in the 90's, and especially Force + Form, were insanely good. Been getting back into them a lot recently. Those albums bang incredibly hard and I feel like this label fits his stuff the best.

• Like 1

I am stoked to see Ol' Surgeboi at Detroit in a couple of months. You can run into talent pretty easily there. I saw Lady Starlight hanging out alone by the funnel cakes but decided to leave her be. If I see Tony, I will apologize for libelous memes circa 2010 that he will likely have no clue about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2