IGNORED

Concept: You're in 1994....

watmmisdead

I was alive in 1994 and I mostly listened to Bo Diddley and Frank Zappa.  What was even popular in 1994?  Chumbawamba or something?

1 hour ago, aencre said:

Did this really come out in 94?  I thought it was late 80s although I didn't hear it until the late 90s. I haven't had the CD out in probably 20 years but I loved it as a teenager.

Edited by TubularCorporation

Korn was 1994?

men, im getting old

remember listening to this circa 1997.

yeah, 1994 its arguably the year when it all started to explode. some could argue its 1993 or 1995. but those years are very formative and still affect the music scene today

• Like 1

1 hour ago, watmmisdead said:

yeah, 1994 its arguably the year when it all started to explode. 

I'm curious...by "it" do you mean the rise of electronic music's influence on the mainstream music scene? I'd probably agree there.

1994 was the year Cobain died, and in a way, that event led to a shift away from guitar music being popular among the mainstream. by 1995, it seemed apparent that mainstream popular music had definitely started moving away from the 1991-1993 alternative/grunge guitar driven band model, toward the dance music influenced stuff that dominated the rest of the '90s...and I suppose is still lingering on to this day (I'm talking about the dance pop crap that is still all over the radio. IMO most of that shit started from the backstreet boys/chubawumba/spice girls type music in the '90s).

• Rubin Farr changed the title to Concept: You're in 1994....

This thread keeps crashing my phone, which has never happened before. 94 meltdown in full effect!

Funny how some things stick in your head. I was still buying Kerrang! so still a fully fledged Metal Head, and in January they awarded a 5K review (5/5) to a album/EP. I remember it so vividly. Because it is an absolute classic (even though its not METAL at all) but even to this day, I'd consider it under-the-radar. When we get to page 2 I'll post up a pic. Pretty sure Aphex and Warp warheads are appearing faintly just over the horizon. But incoming fast!!! Universe of metal about to be destroyed.....

Via my laptop.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1