IGNORED

Incunabula vs Amber

watmmisdead

I wouldn't be able to rank from confield onwards, i.e. since, as I see it, they achieved that thing which is Autechre and nothing else... I can instead scale the previous things, and, generally, my liking follows the chronological progression (except for 3repetae which, although according to them, is the starting point for an approach free from other influences - they talked about it in an interview -, I find it discontinuous, and on some occasions it doesn't catch me ). What continues to surprise me is the fact that, instead, the approval goes in reverse: you would expect this in a generic electronics forum, but in the Autechre forum it is unexpected to see how the aspects of when Autechre were less Autechre prevail

I haven't written the word Autechre enough. Autechre.

Amber has Montreal, Piezo, Glitch, Nine, Further, Yulquen and Nil.  Incunabula has Kalpol Introl, Bike, Eggshell, Doctrine and 444. All quite good tracks. I don't listen to much else from either album anymore. Amber wins by a thin margin but overall they're both at the bottom of the list :shrug:

Edited by toaoaoad

My favorite is Amber. Inkoonaboola sounds a bit too much like Aphex Twin xD (444). Both albums cut from the same cloth really and kind of stand side by side because of it. Siblings born in the times of yore by a youthful 'chre. Amber never really ventures into choppier territory than its predecessor, but maybe refines and builds upon it like Evil Dead into Evil Dead II.

Also, is the album cover of Incunabula actually a distorted image of the Amber cover? Cause that kind of fits with the rough n' raw vs. lush n' shiny deal. 

back in the day i started with Incunabula, followed a few weeks later by Amber and Confield. i remember liking the tracks on Incunabula a lot, some of them were genuinely good but some were interesting in a novel/unfamiliar way. these days i would say Incunabula has some unlikeable tracks - i wouldn't go back to Autriche or Lowride. Maetl is ok but mainly just noisy. Doctrine goes on too long for what it is.

i don't have these complaints about Amber, which i'd still be ready to listen to from start to finish. Piezo and Teartear are some of my favourite Ae tracks. overall there are weak moments but everything on the album is good stuff.

so i'd say Amber.