IGNORED

no sleEP+ - Rolando Simmons

Hail Sagan

9 hours ago, Extralife said:

Huge props, @theburglar

Are you catching up on your sleep now?

Thanks. It’s getting better. Me releasing this feels like a sign that I’m regaining some energy to stay up and work. I can’t really remember making most of it. It had to be done in very short bursts so it has a kind of dreamlike subconcious vibe to me. It’s a nice piece of memorabilia ?

• Like 2

Favorite project since World Building. Gave it a full listen last night and was really happy to hear there were elements of songs that sounded unlike anything in your previous RS and Trackermatte works. Obviously it still had your fingerprints all over it and retained those signature bass lines, driving percussion, gurgling synth chords, etc. we all know you for but it felt equal parts unfamiliar if that makes any sense. Probably not. It’s fucking good is what I’m trying to say.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 8:42 PM, Hail Sagan said:

Favorite project since World Building. Gave it a full listen last night and was really happy to hear there were elements of songs that sounded unlike anything in your previous RS and Trackermatte works. Obviously it still had your fingerprints all over it and retained those signature bass lines, driving percussion, gurgling synth chords, etc. we all know you for but it felt equal parts unfamiliar if that makes any sense. Probably not. It’s fucking good is what I’m trying to say.

Thank you! Initial reports indicate it’s being well received. It probably sounds a bit different because the music packs were closer (in time) to previous releases  when they came out and by comparison this is much newer music. It’s probably the widest gap yet.