IGNORED

Concept: your living in 1986. what the *****&& you listen to

watmmisdead

Cocteau Twins: Victorialand, Metallica: Master of Puppets, Sonic Youth: EVOL, The Smiths: The Queen is Dead, Talk Talk; The Colour of Spring; Depeche Mode: Black Celebration, Peter Gabriel: So, Nick Cave: Your Funeral, REM: Life's Rich Pageant. 

• Like 3

This was the first album I bought with my own money… ?

spacer.png

(Don’t judge. I was only 7 years old.)

I was also listening to a lot of…

spacer.png

and

spacer.png

and 

spacer.png

Had I been older …

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

*Edit *

obviously this…

spacer.png

*Edit *

and this…

spacer.png

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Albums that were new in 1986 that I like or love? Here's some of the great music that was released in that year

Cocteau Twins - Victorialand
XTC - Skylarking
Astor Piazzolla - Nuevo Tango: Hora Zero
Sonic Youth - EVOL
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Tinderbox
Talk Talk - The Colour of Spring
Nurse With Wound - Spiral Insana
The Chameleons - Strange Times
Arthur Russell - World of Echo
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Hiroshi Yoshimura - Green
David Sylvian - Gone to Earth
Spacemen 3 - The Sound of Confusion
Univers Zero - Heatwave
Henry Flynt - You Are My Everlovin
Saint Vitus - Born Too Late
Wendy Carlos - Beauty in the Beast
Pet Shop Boys - Please
High Rise - II
Steve Reich - Sextet/Six Marimbas
New Order - Brotherhood
Shub-Niggurath - Les morts vont vite
Evan Parker - The Snake Decides
Killing Joke - Brighter Than a Thousand Suns

• Like 2

I wondered where we would end up next ? 

In 1986 I was actually listening to this

10C6F83C-0BCE-4A82-B1C3-FA09ED8925FE.jpeg.0d76905b5289d1574f184c93b651071d.jpeg

I was identifying music not just as something on the radio or something played at silly birthday parties, or something that groups of girls at school were into, but something else entirely. The zeitgeist had arrived for young beerwolf 

My parents and anyone 20 years older than me absolutely hated it. Which suited me perfectly fine ? 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, scumtron said:

Cocteau Twins: Victorialand

Sonic Youth: EVOL

The Smiths: The Queen is Dead

2 hours ago, splesh said:

The Chameleons - Strange Times
Arthur Russell - World of Echo
Hiroshi Yoshimura - Green
Spacemen 3 - The Sound of Confusion

YES!!!

I'm also going for:

Skinny Puppy - The Mind: The Perpetual Intercourse

This Mortal Coil - Filigree & Shadow

Zeco Pagodinho - Zeco Pagodinho

Pata Negra - Blues de la Frontera

Edited by milkface
  • Like 2

Slayer! I think the riff that comes in at 1:38 is possibly the funkiest thing I have ever encountered in a heavy metal song ?

At one point I actually wanted to make an electronic cover of this called "Acid of Death" with the drums programmed on my TR-707 and the guitar parts played on 303's ?

• Like 4

On 2/15/2023 at 4:26 PM, Russian Corvette said:

Slayer! I think the riff that comes in at 1:38 is possibly the funkiest thing I have ever encountered in a heavy metal song ?

At one point I actually wanted to make an electronic cover of this called "Acid of Death" with the drums programmed on my TR-707 and the guitar parts played on 303's ?

definitly the best slayer album for me. the best metal album ive ever heard!

• Like 1

I always preferred Seasons In The Abyss and South Of Heaven to Reign In Blood, probably because they are more 'metal' influenced whereas RIB having more of a hardcore punk influence. Then of course after maybe 10 years, I saw the the light. But luckily first I didn't need to DIE!!!!!!!

Apart from the 2 famous tracks that bookend it, this track is up there. Just love that groove in the spiralling super fast riffs and Araya fast paced but menacing vocals. That was one of the biggest and instant things I loved about Slayer was Toms vocals. How many times has that happened when you heard a band for the first time and you’d pray when the vocals appeared it wasn’t gonna instantly kill the vibe! Pretty sure that’s why I never really liked Anthrax. Joey Belladonna singing sucked!! And couldn’t hold a candle to mighty Tom Araya. Imo.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

I always preferred Seasons In The Abyss and South Of Heaven to Reign In Blood, probably because they are more 'metal' influenced whereas RIB having more of a hardcore punk influence. Then of course after maybe 10 years, I saw the the light. But luckily first I didn't need to DIE!!!!!!!

Apart from the 2 famous tracks that bookend it, this track is up there. Just love that groove in the spiralling super fast riffs and Araya fast paced but menacing vocals. That was one of the biggest and instant things I loved about Slayer was Toms vocals. How many times has that happened when you heard a band for the first time and you’d pray when the vocals appeared it wasn’t gonna instantly kill the vibe! Pretty sure that’s why I never really liked Anthrax. Joey Belladonna singing sucked!! And couldn’t hold a candle to mighty Tom Araya. Imo.

Yes, this track is great too! The slower, groovier side of Slayer rocks and Seasons In The Abyss and South Of Heaven are definitely up there among the classics. I Also preferred Tom Arayas barking punk-vocal style to Belladonnas classic metal hero singing style, urgh - the John Bush era Anthrax is the only thing I really bothered listened to of theirs.

• Like 1

Concept: your you're living in 1986. what the **&& do you listen to?

I was 5 this is hard, probably Mc hammer and vanilla ice lol ? those guys EMF, still like those 2 songs, I believe and unbelievable... don't remember if I was already into G'n'R... stuff from my parents like queen, Pink Floyd, dire straits... Metallica? Bon Jovi? everybody was into U2 but I didn't really like it that much... basically the worst music of that era... I think I need to shift this like 2 or 3 years forward...

Edited by cruising for burgers