IGNORED

Concept: your living in 1986. what the *****&& you listen to

watmmisdead

On 2/23/2023 at 6:55 PM, cruising for burgers said:

Concept: your you're living in 1986. what the **&& do you listen to?

I was 5 this is hard, probably Mc hammer and vanilla ice lol ? those guys EMF, still like those 2 songs, I believe and unbelievable... don't remember if I was already into G'n'R... stuff from my parents like queen, Pink Floyd, dire straits... Metallica? Bon Jovi? everybody was into U2 but I didn't really like it that much... basically the worst music of that era... I think I need to shift this like 2 or 3 years forward...

but thats not the concept that i mean. I have explained the concept in the first thread which was 1992 iirc.

the concept is you are you, today, at your age. and you can only listen to music made until 1986. 

ive been listening to music made before 1992 for months and months now. (apart from this week)

but yeah, the concept is that you cna only listen to music released in 1986 or before.

hard to believe i had never listened to this

Edited by watmmisdead

oh ok soz I'm slow, I got it now...

actually, everything I listen to currently is pre 85ish... I rarely listen to something more recent than that except for some primus, earliest beck and zappa once in while...

I listen to South American music, mostly Cumbia Rebajada from Colombia (cumbia played at 33rpms instead of 45rpms) and Peruvian Cumbia... also African music mostly Mbalahk from Senegal... I post a lot of these in the African Music and World Music threads...

here's some beautiful Peruvian Cumbia:

here's some Cumbia Rebajada (rebajada = slowed down) from Colombia:

here's some Mbalahk from Senegal:

I could go on and on... I wouldn't trade this music for anything from whatever era you ask me...

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1