IGNORED

Stockholm 10/06/23 w/Fever Ray

hayhook

Yes! Bought the posh premium tickets. Hopefully there’ll be places to sit. I’m too old to rave but wouldn’t miss this for the world. Been a fan for 25 years and this is the first opportunity I’ve had to see him without travelling too far. I’m going to force my wife to come with me as well. Some years ago I dragged her all the way to Redruth School and St. Michael’s Mount so it’s only right that I’m forcing her to this show as well. We’ll be bringing earplugs (for the loud music), sunglasses (for the annoying lights) and Alvedon (for the headache). I’m sure it’ll be a memorable evening. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, jejunum said:

I’m too old to rave

never too old to rave:)

:aphexsign:

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

• 3 months later...

Really should be seeing himself. Probably a week before he’s in either London or Bristol I’ll get some sense and sort it out. Just right now with all the ball ache logistical side of it I (say in thick west county scrumpy soaked bumpkin accent) caaaaan’t be aaaarrrrrrsed 

• Like 1

Great show. But they need to get their shit sorted at the festival and get some sort of WiFi or cell signal boosters. Was the whole set Aphex tracks or partial DJ set? Didn’t manage to snag any of the VERY limited amount of merch. Was sold out hours before I arrived. 

It was brilliant. Merch was sold out early but no vinyl as far as I know. The set included MT1T2 olpedroom, MT1 t29r2 and a few new things that sounded pretty bad ass. He ended the set with an extended 54 Cymru Beats. 

• Like 6

Prime Aphex acid last night, possibly one of the hardest sets of late? That I've heard at least. :aphexsign:

Elephant Song, 54 Cymru Beats, Plug - 7.44 mixed into MT1 t29r2, Drexciya and some luscious live (?) or studio-treated ex-live tracks. Heard some very familiar bits from the 2019 sets but had 808 and shit, not just 909. :music: Lots of jungle and footwork-ish belters, last 30 mins or so was a full on barrage of sound.

First track I believe it was, or second, sounded like a delirious Collapse kinda to me. In the best way.

No hardware visible to my eyes, but his stage rig was different from last gigs, two Macbooks (one for each eye?), and presumably a mixer and maybe some gear out of view from the audience. Wild VFX and lightshow, trippy conconctions of circuit boards, synth panels and shapes, logos... hah.

10 out of 10. I have some crappy phone recordings if anyone is curious, maybe they're already floating around though, have been busy recovering. ?

• Like 11

On 6/8/2023 at 7:58 PM, cern said:

Hope there is some hero who will record the live set either with a portable recorder or just film something 

I heed the call!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Big Brain 1

5C9784B6-32B7-43DE-8365-7ACE246BC353.jpeg

On 6/11/2023 at 2:57 AM, Adamovich said:

Why this thread is called /w Fever Ray? They performed separately.

Cuz that’s how the show was billed. See poster.