IGNORED

Isolée - Resort Island

d-a-m-o

from RA :

Isolee is releasing his first album in 12 years. Out on May 19th, resort island explores the morality of escapism and the tension between beauty and superficiality. It'll be released through the Hamburg-based artist's new label of the same name. "In my early years, I was listening to lots of records and going out clubbing a lot," Isolée said. "I had a clear reference for what I was contributing to. Nowadays this is less the case. Also, for many years I felt I was competing with the expectations set by my early records. I don't feel that anymore. But I still have the dance floor in mind as a place where music happens, with the aim of triggering people's emotions and imagination." resort island follows 2011's Well Spent Youth LP. In the years since, the micro house luminary has released a handful of EPs on labels such as Pampa and Tamed Musiq.

Watch the video for "rumour."

resort-island.jpeg.be1dff27be88ceb9a07ec0a56c1a285b.jpeg

Tracklist

01. coco's visa

02. canada balsam

03. Pardon My French

04. con o sin

05. let's dence

06. modernation

07. rumour

08. clap gently

09. tender date

10. 7eleven2

• Like 3

I remember stumbling upon We Are Monster and being totally obsessed with about half of the album around the time it came out. I just revisited it not too long ago and it’s fantastic stuff. I never really could get into anything else he’s done before or since that album. He’s cool though. I hope it’s a great album.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Upset man said:

I remember stumbling upon We Are Monster and being totally obsessed with about half of the album around the time it came out. I just revisited it not too long ago and it’s fantastic stuff. I never really could get into anything else he’s done before or since that album. He’s cool though. I hope it’s a great album.

Same thing here ! Discovered him with We Are Monster in 2005 and it's a great album. First album is really nice too, Sean played this track during one of his covid mix

• Like 2

2 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

Also, for many years I felt I was competing with the expectations set by my early records.

To be fair, when you've stuck this banger out in '98 it'd be near impossible to live up to expectations

• Like 4

5 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

Same thing here ! Discovered him with We Are Monster in 2005 and it's a great album. First album is really nice too, Sean played this track during one of his covid mix

ok! this tune is great. The new tune is great. I think I need to revisit everything with an open mind. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Upset man said:

ok! this tune is great. The new tune is great. I think I need to revisit everything with an open mind. 

I'm revisiting his discography and this 2019 EP is the bomb :

edit : and this one from 2020

edit2 : and this one from 2015

Edited by d-a-m-o
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

New track from the upcoming album :

sounds like guilty pleasure music for sure. gui boratto filled that role for me back in the day though it sounds dated to me now. i’ll have to check this one.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, exitonly said:

sounds like guilty pleasure music for sure. gui boratto filled that role for me back in the day though it sounds dated to me now. i’ll have to check this one.

Yes, good comparison, Boratto and Isolée are both fans of electro pop and from the same "minimal house" sub genre, Isolée is a bit wonkyer with his productions tho'

Edited by d-a-m-o

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...