IGNORED

James Shinra - WDG 12005 (We're Going Deep)

dcom

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, o00o said:

one month later and its nowhere yet

Usually the limited edition vinyl becomes available through WDG's Bandcamp first, but it's not there either. Juno's specific date has been changed to coming soon. Oh well.

2 hours ago, o00o said:

maybe they have problems finding a slot at the plant. seems to be a common problem post pandemic 

i cannot help but wonder why vinyl keeps on being a thing. using fossils and all that. The climate footprint of vinyls compared to digitals... is that even a fair comparison?

• Like 2

On 4/17/2023 at 5:17 PM, Satans Little Helper said:

i cannot help but wonder why vinyl keeps on being a thing. using fossils and all that. The climate footprint of vinyls compared to digitals... is that even a fair comparison?

I just wanted digitals but I guess they will not release them without the pressings being ready 

On 4/17/2023 at 6:17 PM, Satans Little Helper said:

That's something I've been thinking about and asking myself during the past 30-odd years of record collecting, and I think it's a fair question. Although I've let playing only vinyl go years ago, there are still oodles of labels releasing only vinyl and holding back on digital, which I find uncomfortable due to the environmental factors of vinyl production and distribution. As we all know, vinyl is a petrochemical product, and coupled with the carbon footprint of distribution (i.e. transportation) it's many orders of magnitude worse for the climate compared to digital; there's also the artificial scarcity angle, limited editions, rent-seeking scalpers etc. adding to the mix of nastiness, but I've still not been able to let go of vinyl completely. It strikes a hard bargain, and I'm whittling down my vinyl dependency - I wish I had the tenacity to just stop buying vinyl and go fully digital - but I don't think I'll ever be able to completely swear it off.

'It's becoming harder and harder': Is the dance music 12-inch on the way out? (Resident Advisor)

Edited by dcom
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...