IGNORED

Aphex Twin teases Bristol show - Sept 2nd, 2023

MadameChaos

Bristol so much easier for me. Glad I didn't grab field day in the end as getting to London from here is a pain. Crowd will be better there too! Sorry LDN

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 2

Bet 100 barrels of scrumpy the crowd in Bristol will be better than London. West Country folk are always sound as a pound, some as mad as a sack of badgers. Watmm remembers the Aphex badger right?

• Like 1

Leftfield, Primal Scream and Aphex is a pretty mean lineup imo. I'm not a massive fan of PScream and Leftfield but big enough fan to get my ass out of the beer tent and make sure I see them, and it blows the Field Day lineup away. Most of the other artists on the lineup I have heard of, and I think (though not 100%) are pretty decent. Know nothing of Arlo Parks though. In an ideal world I'd be going to this but my cash flow last year and into this year has got totally hammered and my finances are not bad but also not great. If I had some pals to go with (Aphex who?!) it would be different, but the travel expenses and overnight expenses for myself and just my company just isn't tempting me. Hopefully a live stream will happen on the Field Day date and we can have a live Aphex WATMM chat group.

Edited by beerwolf

Booked a ticket!

I shall figure out how to get there and back at a later date ?

Hopefully find an afterparty or something 

Looking at last years site map, there are 2 main outdoor stages with rolling set times, so probably still a few names to be added but not many.  This i like because it means you can see everyone on the bill without fear of clashes.   Downside: No options if its someone you dont wanna see. 

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 2

• Rubin Farr changed the title to Aphex Twin teases Bristol show - Sept 2nd, 2023
On 3/23/2023 at 6:17 PM, Soloman Tump said:

Downside: No options if its someone you dont wanna see. 

We all had to get cozy with Odesza in order to get good vantage points for Pritchard back in '16. They're not particularly bad or anything--just a fair amount of clockwatching on my part. It doesn't look like you can really lose on this lineup though.

• 4 months later...

Great! Train strikes announced. Which makes my commute a bit rougher. And getting home a bigger nightmare.

Anyone in Bristol got a bit of floor I can crash on? Or outside space I can pitch my tent? I had cash. 

Failing that, I guess I stumble around town until dawn. 

Also, set times announced. The scalping/Leftfield clash is a hard pill to swallow. 

Screenshot_2023-08-18-08-24-54-11_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

Screenshot_2023-08-18-08-24-43-96_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

6 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

Great! Train strikes announced. Which makes my commute a bit rougher. And getting home a bigger nightmare.

Anyone in Bristol got a bit of floor I can crash on? Or outside space I can pitch my tent? I had cash. 

Failing that, I guess I stumble around town until dawn. 

Also, set times announced. The scalping/Leftfield clash is a hard pill to swallow. 

Screenshot_2023-08-18-08-24-54-11_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

Screenshot_2023-08-18-08-24-43-96_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

Yeah train strikes is gonna be a massive fucking problem. They could have easily wiped out any prospects of the London date. Lucky they just skim this weekend.

Ive listed my ticket to sell below face value. I can't afford a hotel, all the hostels are booked up, and the coaches are pay on the door which is a massive gamble given how many people will be fighting for a seat. Not up for a 1am royal rumble! 

So if anyone fancies going. Here's the link. I'll give a bonus discount to a watmm member if you send me a massage

https://tixel.com/u/9731678

• Sad 2

Would love to go to this. Would imagine Bristol will have a pretty good crowd. West Country folk and all that.

One of those occasions I wish had bit more cash flow, so I could just soak up the expense with a blink of an eye.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1