IGNORED

The Future Sound of London - Life in Moments / Tales of Ephidrina reissues

purlieu

Didn't see another thread so here we are. Record Store Day will see reissues of the super-limited 2015 FSOL album Life in Moments (only available with purchases of the Most Important Moments in a Life book - 250 copies) and the 1993 Amorphous Androgynous album Tales of Ephidrina. Life in Moments will be expanded for its limited vinyl reissue, with the addition of an adaptation of Schubert's Violin Sonata (originally rumoured to be part of the Environment Seven trilogy) at the end of side A; as far as I know, there's a further expanded CD edition due to follow a couple of weeks later, as per previous RSD releases.

Tales of Ephidrina follows recent vinyl reissues of Lifeforms and Dead Cities and will come with a bonus 12" featuring four extra tracks: 'Mountain Path', 'Static Field', 'Sky-Scraper (Extended)' and 'Swab (Alt)'. In an uncommon move, the RSD release will also be available on CD, which will feature the four bonuses as tracks 9-12. This is the first time an FSOL album has received the deluxe reissue treatment, and bodes well for potential further reissues by Universal. 

After the past six years have given us entire new FSOL albums for RSD this could be seen as a touch disappointing, but as we have Environment 7.003, Mind Maps 4 and a new Humanoid 12" all lined up for spring/summer, I'm welcoming the break!

• Like 10

I loveeee Tales of Ephidrena. Prob my favourite FSOL adjacent release but I admittedly need to dig deeper. But for some reason this album got near constant play with my family and friends... it's a total classic, pretty under the radar for most. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think that's sadly just an error - it's released on Debut, which was actually the label some early Mental Cube and similar came out on. More importantly, it was a sister label to Jumpin' & Pumpin', which is long gone, but the cat numbers are still used for FSOLDigital releases. So it probably just got lumped in with that as it's effectively the same label for distribution.

The expanded Life in Moments, with four bonus tracks, is now available on Bandcamp as download and CD. The remaining LP copies sold out pretty swiftly:

The four bonuses can be picked up as individual tracks too.

Tales CD & vinyl will be available on Bandcamp next week.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, hayhook said:

That's the original release it look like. 

I already own the original on CD. Am I going to need to buy this new CD, then use my dads computer to rip myself some digitals because I don't even own a CD player anymore lol

12 hours ago, Poimandres said:

That's the original release it look like. 

I already own the original on CD. Am I going to need to buy this new CD, then use my dads computer to rip myself some digitals because I don't even own a CD player anymore lol

I edited the post. New link to digital 30th anniversary remaster with bonus tracks… https://se.7digital.com/artist/the-amorphous-androgynous/release/tales-of-ephidrina-30th-anniversary-edition-29451698

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hayhook said:

I edited the post. New link to digital 30th anniversary remaster with bonus tracks… https://se.7digital.com/artist/the-amorphous-androgynous/release/tales-of-ephidrina-30th-anniversary-edition-29451698

Wild that 3rd parties have the digitals before their own Bandcamp !

11 minutes ago, purlieu said:

Tales is owned by Universal / Virgin so FSOL won't be able to sell it digitally. The Bandcamp is just for FSOLDigital releases.

Gotcha - Totally didn't think of that. Guess I'll nab it from 7digital in that case ?

• 2 weeks later...

Mountain Path is, of course, a completely different track to the FSOL one on E6. It's also much better, a really gorgeous ambient piece based around the Mountain Goat guitar chopped and rearranged.

• Like 1