IGNORED

JPEGMAFIA X Danny Brown - SCARING THE HOES

thumbass

This is the new Danny Brown i've been waiting for for years.  Some fcking insane tracks on this.  Have been moshing like an idiot all over my apartment today to "Lean Beef Patty" and "God Loves You".

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 1:18 PM, thumbass said:

The production is out of this world insane.

was apparently produced on a sp404 mk2 

(the v3.0 update was crazy btw)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, logakght said:

what's the thing with talking about hoes and money and shiat?

im deducing that's the best they can do? and that those topics being so well received for so many yrs it's what ppl want to hear about and the best they can think about and closest to their hearts? lol dunno

or we can go kanye's way and say those topics have been deliberately pushed to exploit uneducated americans and destroy the black community?  

Edited by xox

39 minutes ago, xox said:

im deducing that's the best they can do? and that those topics being so well received for so many yrs it's what ppl want to hear about and the best they can think about and closest to their hearts? lol dunno

or we can go kanye's way and say those topics have been deliberately pushed to exploit uneducated americans and destroy the black community?  

Well, right—then their art describes American society, which is deplorable. Do respect these guys that talk about it tho.

2 hours ago, logakght said:

Do respect these guys that talk about it tho.

Talk about it in what way? Supporting it? Exploiting it? Any of them showing it as something negative? Im not seeing youngsters listening to them to learn something. Like ppl listening to them bc they’re talking against it! Let’s not be naive 

Edited by xox

3 hours ago, xox said:

Talk about it in what way? Supporting it? Exploiting it? Any of them showing it as something negative? Im not seeing youngsters listening to them to learn something. Like ppl listening to them bc they’re talking against it! Let’s not be naive 

eheh well I don't know. I think I shouldn't commented in this thread since it's not my type of music, I do likle some JPEG stuff, mostly the beats.

^ cool boomer-level criticism that definitely hasn't been reiterated ad nauseam since the 80s

11 hours ago, auxien said:

sounds like peak era Death Grips but not quite as catchy

don't let JPEG catch you saying that shit

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, xox said:

As long as the music sounds good I personally don't give a fuck what they rap about. Not everything needs a clear message or stance

• Like 2

1 hour ago, usagi said:

don't let JPEG catch you saying that shit

i lolled when i hit play and it was Fantano’s dumb face. JPEG’s cringe levels are always off the charts, the little i’ve seen from him. never been a fan. …and this is coming from me: cringe recognizes cringe. :duckhunt:

Spoiler

never been a fan of his tho. it all sounds cool from a distance but when you start paying attention it’s pretty meh, imo. 1 dimensional. not shutting on anyone who enjoys it tho, just doesn’t do it for me ?‍♂️

the stuff on this one was better, Danny Brown is at least earnestly doing his thing and that felt like it rubbed off on the honesty and playfulness…but also i couldn’t finish it, was pretty underwhelmed towards the latter half of the album. that’s just first listen impressions tho, maybe it’s a grower. wasn’t bad. 

• Like 2