IGNORED

JPEGMAFIA X Danny Brown - SCARING THE HOES

thumbass

9 minutes ago, auxien said:

Hide contents

never been a fan of his tho. it all sounds cool from a distance but when you start paying attention it’s pretty meh, imo. 1 dimensional. not shutting on anyone who enjoys it tho, just doesn’t do it for me ?‍♂️

the stuff on this one was better, Danny Brown is at least earnestly doing his thing and that felt like it rubbed off on the honesty and playfulness…but also i couldn’t finish it, was pretty underwhelmed towards the latter half of the album. that’s just first listen impressions tho, maybe it’s a grower. wasn’t bad. 

First leg of the album is indeed way better. After Orange Juice Jones the album calms it's pace a bit.  A late album highlight has to be Jack Harlow Combo meal though. Love the swooshing amen breaks.

Favorites are Steppa Pig, Fernatyl Tester and Garbage Pale Kids. Top Notch tracks imo. Bigger Brown fan than a JPEG fan but I have to say he can produce some crazy ass shit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2023 at 9:21 PM, muttering mouth moth said:

Holy shit, this slaps so hard. Mind blowing. Lean Beef Patty, Fentanyl Tester, Kingdom Hearts Key and Jack Harlow Combo Meal.  Love the MJ sample on Orange Juice Jones. 

Yeah I would love an instrumental version for Orange Juice Jones, Kingdom Hearts Key and Jack Harlow Combo Meal. Love those beats.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...