IGNORED

waves going subscription only

exitonly

i don’t use many of their plug-ins anymore but the ones i do i’ll have to drop vs going along with this bullshit. 

Edited by exitonly
  • Like 2

Almost bit the bullet last month to get the WUP upgrade just so I didn't have a million waveshell dropdowns in Ableton. Happily now instead I can just uninstall them all and forget I ever had them

Here's a WIP alternative plugin guide for those planning to migrate - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1--yRZdWro_d28LmYNvaWsVct7CR6Y_KAULFU8wZ4SEI/edit#gid=0

• Like 2

Yo dawg. We heard you like monthly bills so we added a monthly bill to your monthly bills. 

fuck software subscriptions. Also there’s plenty of options out there for software that does anything and everything. So, fuck waves. I have a handful of their plug ins that I find useful. I guess they’ll stop working some day when an apple OS breaks stuff. Oh well. 

lol.. already back tracking. i guess people let them know.. 

https://www.waves.com/news/perpetual-waves-licenses-are-back

Following your feedback, we are bringing back the option to purchase and update perpetual Waves plugin and bundle licenses, side-by-side with the new Waves Creative Access subscriptions. We are working to make perpetual licenses available to you again as quickly as possible. We will post real-time updates here as soon as they are available.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 3/27/2023 at 10:26 AM, Squee said:

Their website seems to be down haha

Anyway, they can do whatever they want. It's their company and their products.

Fuck capitalism tho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squee said:

Elaborate, please.

Market dynamics don't necessarily result in the best outcomes for consumers but are dictated by what's best for the few large players that dominate said market? Just a wild guess. Ofc this "fuck capitalism" stance is a privilege held by the happy few that aren't dependent on capitalism for either their income or platform for creative output.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, user said:

Market dynamics don't necessarily result in the best outcomes for consumers but are dictated by what's best for the few large players that dominate said market? Just a wild guess. Ofc this "fuck capitalism" stance is a privilege held by the happy few that aren't dependent on capitalism for either their income or platform for creative output.

the happy few blowing cash on waves plugins