IGNORED

Lush Pads: The Thread

Alcofribas

ok everyone, this is it. this is the thread for posting lush pads. i'm talking pads that are ether, emotion, cum. these are pads you almost can't hear so much as you feel. emotion. we want pads that make you cry, that make your stomach ache in such a sensual and beautiful way, that fill you with a sense of impossible longing. 

i'll start.

string pad that comes in around 2:25 here is utterly unbelievable it's the definition of warmth:

another one from the plaid brothers. a chorus strings pad that's like remembering so many things at once:

the fsol brothers. damn this one is Pure Silk. the mix here is perfection. rolling beat, massive unison bass, and The Pad pulling you deep inside. prob one of my favorite tunes:

dude, you can't fuck with this. this track is some masterful shit. the deep liquidity of the drums and bass. and the gorgeous vocal pad just LIFTING YOU UP. fuck man. this is transcendence. if you like the sound of this pad you must also listen to "it's the music":

another chorus pad. admittedly the bass and vox are doing some serious heavy lifting here but come on, imagine this track without that pad layer just giving you that Floating Feeling:

this one is called "lush culture." he knows what he's doing here. this is the feeling of a perfect summer night in the city:

this one is an excellent example of subtle and witholding, giving you just enough of that sweetness to tug your emotions right out:

imagine hearing this and you're in love and shit. fucking a man*:

so human nature is one of the best songs, obviously. but this turns the whole tune into a pad world and it's truly enveloping and VIBING with POSITIVITY:

make it last forever:

*NB: i wrote "fucking a man" but i meant like in the sense of "fuckin a, man" like you would say to dudes. but i'm leaving it in for my brothers and sisters who get joy out of fucking men.

Edited by Alcofribas
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5

24 minutes ago, logakght said:

quintessential soft Oberheim pads, like a quiet cloud of incense 

16 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

@4:58

:catcry:

this track and the last one on the ep are such beautiful examples of this style for them - crunchy beats, less metallic and more like rock or concrete; with these really smooth pads like a kind of muted color amidst the grey. truly top tier stuff from the masters. 

• Like 3
  • Burger 1

Whenever I hear anyone say "lush" to describe music I immediately think of the intro to this track. The epitome of lushness.

The pads "drop" halfway through Jumbo is also the epitome of lushness. When they fall to Eb maj it's like sinking into a cloud.

I know these are relatively generic picks, might come back with some deeper cuts when I have time. Cool thread IMG_5444.gif.08ce9e3e74adeefbc659a291cc68eed7.gif

Edited by toaoaoad
fixed yt timestamp
  • Like 5

starting with the hella low register pad-like stretching of the spirit of the idea for the thread (Lush Pads: The Thread)...

then more normal, track 1 aint on YT but the pads are plenty lush

(also at: hana sumai. | hana sumai (bandcamp.com))

(both tracks on that probably count)

Astradoxma gets hella lush in the 2nd half...

• Like 2

@Enthusiast fuck mate i forgot all about that luke slater track. insanely lush. that's a different version to the CD i had back in the day.

Observation: as far as Lush Pads go, i prefer them with beats. there's something about how the contrast enhances the feelings of sweetness, longing, impossibility. don't get me wrong, i love lush pads without beats, too! but with beats you don't get them in isolation, which enhances the feeling of the elusive which is part of the experience of longing - something you can't quite have in its entirety, it always escapes you. 

what does everyone else think?

• Like 3

here are some Lush Library Pads for us. this selection is mostly Without Beats.

i fucking love this one. the brushed percussion creates this beautiful sense of motion, like wind blowing through tall grass. the bass is utterly wild and groovy. the synths splash around like starlight. and the pads just Melt you into Milkiness:

gorgeous, pensive tune. like a labyrinth of sweet memories hidden within a millisecond of thought:

cold, "digital" feelings stretching your mind across a vast space of Sweet Emptiness. this one is like a crisp winter sky:

this one is utterly crazy lmao. this is like when the machines are grinding away at their jobs but the human spirit Flows through it all:

this is the sound of a Majestic Future where Progress has set us Free:

are these technically pads? i think so! here we have a beautiful stroll through the city at night. not a care in the world, you have your special someone on the mind, flush with cash, life feels like a dream. (Features the elusive Mono Pad):

a lush String Pad. every sound in this tune is so Soft and Lush. everything is so pleasantly Warm and Kind:

the first chord change in this one utterly destroys me. it's so perfect with the melody floating over the top like some kind of Delicate fluttering being. sad, majestic:

let's let Claude close out this post. one of the real Masters in the library world. how can you not feel the Lushness here? beautiful:

Edited by Alcofribas
  • Like 1