IGNORED

Lush Pads: The Thread

Alcofribas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear Alcofribas

I've been meaning to go through this entire thread but then it drops off my radar and then I forget, as indeed just like the twisting tentacles of a Giant Pacific Octopus I am a sucker for a lush pad. However today I'm off work and stuck indoors with the rain and I've remembered that this thread exists. So in true, loyal watmm style I will raise a goblet of potent elixir (beer), sit back in my comfortable chair and prepare to take a journey through wonderful clouds of otherworldly lush pads.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, NewSchoolScience said:

How was your mission @beerwolf?

Good morning Sir ?

Mr beerwolf reporting for duty

Just finished the first page! Wow there was a lot more tracks to listen to that I had anticipated ? (and a lot of them are long tracks) so 3 more pages to get through. But indeed a worthy mission.

Firstly the very first tune Alcofribas posted up by Plaid I did not know about at all, so that was a very pleasant surprise (and the 2 other tunes on the single are also great) so the ball was set rolling at a particularly fine pace. Apart from the usual suspects who had some of the top tracks which I'm obviously best buddies with (AE, AFX, Two Lone Swordsmen) I was very fond of the new discoveries by Steve Roach (heard of him, never heard his music), The Mover, Carl Craig, Vainqueur (I know Basic Channel but not this track) and that Radioactive Man was also badass (but lush) face melter. 

I might fit in another page before the end of the day ?

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 11:08 PM, toaoaoad said:

The pads "drop" halfway through Jumbo

hell yes.

makes me remember that, iirc, on the ""everything everything" DVD, in the bonus tracks, there's an edit of the pads parts of the live and you see the 3 lads just launching pads, and watching the crowd like "come on let's alle make love" lol  (couldn' quickly  find this bit it on youtube right now but those who saw this probably know what i'm tamking about)

Edited by neurone
  • Like 2

On 4/27/2023 at 11:31 PM, Enthusiast said:

Full steam ahead through page 2 (much easier terrain to navigate as there's a lot less tracks to listen to). This I like A LOT.

• Like 1

I knew this thread would deliver, and I'm so glad I made the effort to dedicate my time going diligently through it. I'm still on page 3 but currently listening to the Youtube upload of Astrobotnia (03), posted back on page 2 by Nil. Yeah I'm sure there will be Rephlex headz on here who will snort at the fact I've never heard this before, but it's been on the radar for years...

An incredible album. Would have been more than worthy of a major Warp release. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

I've probably raved about this track too many times already here, but fuck... so lush. Thanks Mike.

Don't know if talking about the same Mike here (we might) as the link above doesn't work here, but, obviously :

First time I'm listening to it in years (I've had 1000s of times though) and fuck me, still some of the most emotional lushest pads (and track).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...