IGNORED

Software that can track harmonics in a sound well and isolate them

Brisbot

Software that can track harmonics in a sound well and isolate them. 

Example: you throw in a piano note playing C, or any note. The software can track the harmonics, and be able to do things like isolating the Even or Odd harmonics within the sound as it plays and changes. If it has even better functionality and can isolate harmonics in more ways that would be even better. But I am looking for a way to isolate Even/Odd Harmonics at the very least. I just think it would be cool to run even harmonics thru separate effects than odd harmonics. As an example.

And obviously you can take it further mathematically. It would be cool if you could type out what harmonics you want to keep in/isolate. Or give it some equation of numbers that isolates whatever the equation comes out to. Like "Isolate all prime numbers".

• Like 1

I bet that you can do that with Composers Desktop Project. There's a lot of stuff in there to change harmonics and ways to extrapolate information from sound sources to further manipulate files.

• Like 1

For free, you can use Reaper's stock tuner plugin to convert pitch to MIDI and use the Midi to control the cutoff of a series o bandpass filteds tuned to the overtone sequence (either a single instance of ReaEQ with multiple bands, or a separate instance per band on separate tracks if you neeed the individual harmonics completely isolated.

I haven't used the pitch to MIDI feature in Reatune so I don't know how good it is, but I use ReaEQ for nothing out hum a lot and its narrow bandpass and notch filters go really narrow and work well for this kind of stuff. It might take some basic scripting to map MIDI notes to frequencies, I can't say off the top of myhead whether that's a stock feature.

• Like 1