IGNORED

WAPP480

spunktronics

It's been released on Tidal at midnight here in France, guess it's the same for other streaming platforms. Happy first listen everyone ! Will be back in 14mn to give my opinion.

• Like 2

Can CETfolk listen on streamers now but still not download flacs? I'm hoping I can download this from his site in 55 mins on the button

Just now, Stock said:

It's been released on Tidal at midnight here in France, guess it's the same for other streaming platforms. Happy first listen everyone ! Will be back in 14mn to give my opinion.

Enjoy, 

Track 3 was on radio today and I had already heard 2 and 4 in live sets nearly in full but I'm still keen to listen twice through it in high quality on headphones

in a room7 is the real winner of this release, it has everything I love about Richard's music, and feels like the missing step between Rushup Edge and Syro. Already a classic in my book.

Other tracks are obviously very good but the overall marketing campaign tried so hard to hype everyone for a 14mn double single release it could only lead to some kind of disappointment :shrug:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Stock said:

in a room7 is the real winner of this release, it has everything I love about Richard's music, and feels like the missing step between Rushup Edge and Syro. Already a classic in my book.

Other tracks are obviously very good but the overall marketing campaign tried so hard to hype everyone for a 14mn double single release it could only lead to some kind of disappointment :shrug:

need more parallax mix

• Like 1

People of watmm, assuming no one else has posted this yet somewhere, it is my distinct pleasure and honor to notify you that the afx store downloads appear to be LIVE circa NOW

get thee to the internet ? 

• Burger 3

A cliche at this point to say that AFX music grows on you.. but now that I have the flacs... I've been unable to stop listening to all 4 tracks over and over and keep changing what my "favorite" is. I was in the "quite good" camp after first hearing it (on a crap rip,*cough*). but shit, I love it actually. My analysis that no one is asking for is..'In a Room' is the clear single and gets better and better on repeat listens. Shit loads of detail and awesome/unexpected melodic passages and effects throughout, and the rest have what I would say a SAW era meditative quality/atmosphere but don't overstay their welcome (wish they were longer actually). Its 4 tracks I could loop for a veeery long time. 

• Like 3

Listened twice so far, I completely agree. To me track 2 feels like a bit of a bblr coda, then in a room is the clear kitchen sink blow your face off track. Like you said, loads of detail and stuff happening. 

and the parallax mix is much more of a tracky track to close. Def feels like basically a single thematically to me, in terms of there being 2 sort of contrasting flavors represented. 

I’ll eat my hat if there isn’t more coming tbh. But this is great.

• Like 4

fuck my copy probably won't arrive til next week.  But looking forward to turning on the a/c, rolling a joint, and listening to the flacs all night.  I've held off listening to the single since I heard the melody from the live show.  Sharing the love.

Couldn't  wait until later, so gave it a listen before heading off to work. So damn good!!

Definitely leaves you wanting more. Not sure which is my favourite yet, love them all.

Can you imagine a full album of this! Good God!!!

Happy AFX day!!!! 

• Like 2

ehhh idk i mean maybe its because i listened to NTS Sessions 1-4 right before giving this a shot but I'm just not really feeling it much unfortunately ? I like the title track and Parallax Mix the most and zin2 is cool. in a room7 though I have quite complicated feelings on. To me, it kinda just feels like a pastiche of his own music? Which is weird since he's the one making it.

idk ill give this a few more spins but at the moment it is very far from being the best thing Warp Records has released this year which hurts to say about Aphex it really does

Edited by X4creek

Just put this on sneakily, loving it a lot! In a room might be a contender for the best track on here. Glad to have you back afx, even if it's just for this EP

• Like 1

Without checking ‘cause I’m on my toes at work, as a single (bit short for an EP) this is one of his best, if not the best. Pretty fantastic imo. Hip hip hooray! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stock said:

Yes, what a fantastic track, give me an album of this level and I'll be happy !

• Like 1

first impressions:

bblr 21f - kinda mid... not a bad tune by any means but production is messy and melodies feel a bit uninspired
zin2 - drums are way better here, less cluttered... feel there's lots of potential in this tune but never really gets going
room7 - this fuckin bangs, no complaints ?
bblr 22 - (see 21f)

overall - it's ok. def not an essential afx release but fills a gap until the next one.

it's a shame much of his unreleased stuff from the past 5 years couldn't make it on here, but i predict some of it will make its way onto a 12" at field day in a few weeks.