IGNORED

Squarepusher -- New Album Announced

Guest felttipen

sounds like the production of Ultravisitor/DYKS crossed with the melodic sensibilities of Big Loada.

you stink of the boc forum. abldadgahsgfd its a laaaazyish song. i think its the new trend by labels to release the simpler but more hectic drill/break stuff for previews. i think this album is gonna be midly 'commercial' but quite polished given the choice of preview. get people excited with some drill programming. im hoping the other tracks will continue the melodic ambience thats towards the end of that song. an anonymous source of mine says he was played a 30second ticklepickler that put dubstep, grime and break/drill to shame. :sorcerer:

yes that was a bit of a horrible optimistic soundbite type of comment. Not my finest hour.

What I meant to say is that the straight up amen/think and that bass riff reminded me of Come On My Selector and the buffer overide fannying about reminded me of ultravisitor. A retread, but still quite enjoyable. Im hoping for some more interesting stuff tho. No need to get personal about my body odour.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest αnalogue ψings
Its the album of someone who is happy and doesnt have to try so hard.

fuck i hope so. It was the "something to prove" bits that undermined Ultravisitor (still a classic, tho)

I think you should wait till you hear the album before you start slagging tom off to high hell. This song is silly jungly anthmy banger.

The rest of the album is actually a lot simpler. Less emphasis on complicated drums patterns. more emphasis on melody. Its the album of someone who is happy and doesnt have to try so hard.

Like i said before, the feeling i get from listening to this album is triumph and goosebumps on the back of the neck. It's the most accessible album yet and the best im my opnion.

That's good to hear. Warp has a history of choosing shit/non-representative tracks to promote an album. Like Fermium for Untilted, worst track on the album for me.

Less emphasis on complicated drums patterns. more emphasis on melody. Its the album of someone who is happy and doesnt have to try so hard.

fair play. i thought this thread sucked until you came along and laid down the law to all these idiots.

i think a really groovy melodic dance record is what we really need cause i'm getting sick of all this supply and demand wanktronica.

saying that tho, there is something slightly self satirising about this track on the warp website, but maybe that is intended, and if it is then i approve.

i say bring back the days of the classics when electronica was about the music and not about what bloody software you use.

big up the pushers bad self! :jedi:

Guest DrumNBassJerk (OKAY?)

I wish they'd post this as an iTunes download. Make them some money ya know, and I'd love to rock it in my car.

Guest felttipen

i thought that the chaos AD stuff isnt exactly great though. sounds kinda similar. fucked up

well i'm stoked

this song is cool, it's almost like he's parodying himself a bit and then pushing it up a notch, it all works in the end

i look forward to phillie's description of this album.

Guest Promo

I like it but it does kinda sound a bit too digital I felt. I'd agree with L13 about the Big Loada comparison for sure. I like it a lot; to me its more listenable than Ultravistor. That beat feels like the beginning of 'Come on my selecta'.

Guest 死んでく
you're squarepusher, for fucks sake, you're supposed to push boundries and do new and interesting things

this kind of position is quite popular these days; music must be novel or it is worthless

fuck that jack, music can be exciting, fun, tremendous and all that without being new

theres no need for new, it's not that important, just because there were new things before doesnt mean we need more and more new things every time...

hehe 2am going off one, oops

cant wait to buy this

Guest αnalogue ψings
you're squarepusher, for fucks sake, you're supposed to push boundries and do new and interesting things

©Analord Threads, 2004

Guest Disp

This makes me excited as all hell.

I'd say that I'm pretty pleased by what I hear in the new song, even if the percussion is almost identical to Antromm-Feck 4. I hope this isnt an indicator of what the entire album is going to sound like, though. Ultravisitor is, by far, my favorite album that Tom has put out thus far. It was the culmination of every kind of music he had written up to that point with a huge helping of something entirely new for him. It was such a mature and personal album. I hope he continues writing in a similar vein.

i love squarepusher to death since pre Rephlex days, he def peaked at Big Loda, this is good but not great, most artists have 10 years in them if they are lucky, so I am not suprised that Aphex, Autechre, Squarepusher etc are not as on it as they use to be..I still love em all and wil keep collecting their stuff

Guest Dr of Quantization
tom needs to do more acid after this album, his acid tracks are the best

^----> See Ceephax

the track is not really good

sounds like his old stuff but it lacks of feelings

some of you compare it to lackluster but i cannot see why it defenitive doesn't sound like lackluster and lackluster stuff has a lot more soul than this track

i hope the full album is better than this sole track because ultravisitor was very disapointing

tom needs to do more acid after this album, his acid tracks are the best

^----> See Ceephax

that's his brother

the track is not really good

sounds like his old stuff but it lacks of feelings

some of you compare it to lackluster but i cannot see why it defenitive doesn't sound like lackluster and lackluster stuff has a lot more soul than this track

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lackluster :fear:

I want to know why Squarepusher still feels he has to make mash up/cut up/intricately programmed jungle type music. I wonder why he doesn't think "I'll make some deep house" or whatever...you know....something totally different. Some Drexciya style electro or something. Just not that mental shit he seems to be obsessed with. I find it boring now TBH and all the albums since Big Loada have pretty much sounded the same (or at least had the very same vibe and feel).

Best squarepusher is Chaos AD stuff. At least that was a bit different.

Yeah, that sound has kind of been watered down by the copy cats to the point where I find it boring. I hope there is a good amount of bizarre jazzy stuff on this one, Tom wails at that.

Archived