IGNORED

Squarepusher -- New Album Announced

Guest felttipen

Guest Gardenia
why are there no fake laeaks yet? And why did this thread stop at 100 relplies since july 23rd?

Do we have a tracklist? Do we have any information on what it sounds like? We needs some news from him.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There needs to be a promo single released before hand, I can't wait till October 16th! Squarewindow was a beauty although not much of a giveaway in terms of what to expect from Ultravisitor. There'll probably be more info released once Broadcasts Future Crayon is released.

And why did this thread stop at 100 relplies since july 23rd?

You bastard! You totally ruined the 100 post Squarepusher stand-still. That was magic. You just had to go and kill the magic. :arrr:

Everytime I see the Snares icon I think it's supposed to be Jesus. Doesn't matter how many times I read that it's meant to be "snares". Anyone else get that?

c'mon ppl

remeber the breezeblock set?

remeber the last song?

we were calling it "astromm fek 8" or whatever

the first 4 minutes of it is THE EXACT SAME sequencing, just with a different bass tone

oh you mean the remixey version of anstrommfeck4 that has the menelic sounds in the last part? about time that made it to a proper record. i can live with the exact same sequencing as it was a rather good workout

I think you should wait till you hear the album before you start slagging tom off to high hell. This song is silly jungly anthmy banger.

if everyone waited around to slag tom off to high hell, then what would the point of this messageboard be!?>%#

fortunately i accept silly jungly anthemy bangers wholeheartedly and actively pursue a life chock full of silly jungly anthemy bangers so i can't wait to hear the song, although these nagging downloads of the messiah temple of dreams 12" are slowing me the fuck down (i am on a modem. on aol. and i like to eat lead chips for flavor)

It was the culmination of every kind of music he had written up to that point with a huge helping of something entirely new for him. It was such a mature and personal album. I hope he continues writing in a similar vein.

these are the kind of descriptions of music that make me retch and wonder how my comparatively brutish perspective on musical tastes is the same as this d00d's... i mean, what the fuck... can we speak any more vague?

A MATURE AND PERSONAL ALBUM?!@$

find me an impersonal album made by a solo artist and i'll find you a paradox of logic.

quite personally, i want immature and impersonal music... the kind of annoying bang(x4) stuff that causes people in adjacent automobiles to look over in disgust, maybe even roll up their windows (i rather take a lot of pride in causing such a phenomenon) but that's just a manner of semantical hooey. if i were to characterize all of his albums/EPs in a oneliner, it'd go like this:

(for ease's sake i'll start with...)

FMWT: hello world, thanks rich

port rhombus: hey look i got better since those old tracks (buy my forthcoming LP)

vic acid EP: hey look i can do it without a guitar (and that album is coming dude)

hard normal daddy: oh yeah.

big loada: i'm the fucking daddy.

music has rotted me arse: oh yeah i'm a serious real musician too

budakhan mindphone: one album cannot contain me

maximum priest: please don't make me go back

selection 16: maybe if i toss out a few vintage tracks i don't have to go back

go plastic: i'm back (you cheesy lowbrow unartistic fuckers)

doyouknowsquarepusher: manifesto available upon request

ultravisitor: eh, who gives a shit about them?

venus#17: one album still cannot contain me

well i've finally got like 82% of hte file downloaded, 4:32 of it anyways.

this is sufficiently cheesy enough for me. i dont think you can take a form of music that innately sounds like a cartoon and really expect much more than the sum of the parts out of it.

this doesnt remind me all that much of the breezeblock track, as that one is much much better to me. i can see how it's roughly the same beat but the breezeblock version has a much more ostentaciously badass rollercoaster feel about it, whereas this one seems to be more subservient to the synthwork and eventual 303 takeover. it's about to crap out on me but i just got the breakdown and noisy reprise.

yeah it seems the focus is going to be more on the synths and non-percussion-instrumentations. we'll see how that goes.

but yeah still invoking the anstrommfeck4 name is a bit of blasphemy as that's a near perfect exercise that makes me want to play tetris for some odd reason. that's the quintessential track for the drill and bass is an aural cartoon thing i tend to get stuck on.

Guest Gardenia

Unconfirmed tracklisting from staz at That Other Site™:

1. Hello Meow (4:31)

2. Theme From Sprite (2:57)

3. Bubble Life (2:53)

4. Planetarium (6:09)

5. Vacuum Garden (6:02)

6. Circlewave 2 (3:53)

7. Cronecker King (0:48)

8. Rotate Electrolyte (7:48)

9. Welcome To Europe (4:32)

10. Plotinus (7:36)

11. The Modern Bass Guitar (5:38)

12. Orient Orange (10:54)

Guest Wall Bird

Gaaaaaah!

Waiting for stuff like this album is the worst part. I would be much more happy if I didnt even know he had a new album. They should just announce it two weeks before it's due in order to cut down on the anticipation.

Archived