IGNORED

their opinion

woo hoo! i found it!

Do you notice when chinks of your influence appear in the mainstream in diluted formats? Radiohead incorporated subtle Autechre like textures for example.

"They're honest about it. They're really up-front about it. They're like 'oh we like Autechre'. I'm feeling that approach, even though I don't really like their stuff that much, I'd rather that they were up-front about it, because there's other people who are way more parasitic. They've taken elements of what we've done, and what Aphex has done, and they've kind of made this weird pop out of it. And they're not lying about it. They asked us to tour with them as well. Nice to think that someone who's got a pop sensibility could even consider your shit worthy. Because it's like an outsider coming in and saying, 'I like your shit'. I'd rather listen to that [Radiohead]than Funkstörung, put it that way. Any day."

http://www.playlouder.com/feature/+autechre/

if you guys are interested

Archived