IGNORED

Tortoise - A Lazarus Taxon

Guest Glitchy

oh well its nice but i hate that phase when bands can't come up with anything new and worthwhile and just scrap out old abandoned stuff to make a huge ass expensive box set, i see a couple good tracks init (blue station,2 tracks with autechre) but most probably it will be patchy.

Guest Glitchy

I dont think its a matter of cant come up with new material.. . they released an album not long ago.. . maybe its a bit of a cash grap.. . but considering how impossible and/or expensive it is to get some of this music through japanese imports etc its a kind gesture to long standing fans. ..

Guest Death and Taxes

i think i'm most excited about the live dvd it comes with, but the rest sounds great too

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest *__DOLLA MENU__*

i gotta get this shit.

one time when i was in a local record store in new orleans i was buying some tortoise on vinyl and as i was checking out this ghetto hip hop black guy came in. he had cornrows, an oversized notorious BIG shirt, air force 1's, the works. pretty much typical hip hop kind of guy ya know? well when he saw what i was buying he like ran over to me and i was like woah. he got all excited and told me about how tortoise was his favorite band and toroise live is the best show he had ever seen. it was pretty fucked up yet amazing. that is why i like tortoise, not only is the music sweet but it crosses genres and borders and you never really know wh you will find that is a fan.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ron Manager

i haven't had a chance to listen to any of this yet but i just ordered it, i can't wait to get it. tortoise wails

Guest Ron Manager

yeah, cost me 15 pounds so it's probably only $15 or so. is this a limited run or is thrill jockey going to keep it in print?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Ron Manager

i really like the artwork. it comes in a square cardboard box with individual sleeves + booklet, nothign too fancy, but it's a nice package in my opinion.

cliff dweller society, oh my lord what a track.

Archived