IGNORED

So, Who's met Mr James now....

Guest vibertisgod

Guest vibertisgod

Just curious to know if any of you mob ever met Richard?

Obviously, seen him out loads at various music stuff in London over the years but best time has to be getting stoned at the first Glade, sitting down at the back of the main dance tent with him for an hour watching Mike Paradinas chatting shit.

Also randomly on a train with his girlfriend in Australia a couple of years ago.

Great guy, he's much more normal than is ever made out in interviews etc

I have. At Glade last year during Ceephax's set. I was so mashed I had to check with my mate that it was him....needless to say I can't properly remember the conversation I had with Richard... :rolleyes:

Guest minuek

Glade festival is great place for meeting artist as there no back stage area. Off on thursday.

Saw rdj at the id spiral sitting chilling last year.

Didnt he take his tank to glade last year??

• 1 month later...
Guest Mr. Magoo

i stared at him at the BDO 2004 , and i saw him look directly at me with a puzzeled face, this was with his peripheral vison though

met him at glade 2005, he punched me in the back i turned round shook his hand and left because i didnt have anything to say to him.

the perivous year i was well up front during his set and he kept grinning at me, before they put the big fish in front of him.....

i haven't had a chance to come across such an opportunity, though i found it amusing back at the chicago show during the 97 us tour when at the end of the show when the remaining diehards stomped on the floor chanting encore for 5 good minutes or thereabouts he finally came back out... the people roared, some came running as fast as they could down the aisles.. all the while he stood there taking it in as he oscillated something really close to the rdj LP cover grin before unhooking the mysterious wirey logoed box that was plugged into his powerbook.

I met him in 1995 i think, it was here in Melbourne Australia, I spoke to him for a short while about the Casio FZ1, he then asked me to look after his bag so he could go to the toilet. I got to DJ at the place and played my usual stuff at the time Afx, Uziq, Ae etc...he came up to me later and said he loved the set....Oh yes also this was the first time I and most of us heard Squarepusher :-)

Oh and again he did an amazing set, it blew me away and he pulled bongs in between the sets...years later I found out it was all on DAT... :laughing:

Archived