IGNORED

FREESCHA - Head Warlock Double Stare

fumi

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

vinyl plant they used closed down, new distribution deal (darla) only does CDs and all vinyl comes out of their own pockets.

believe me, they want to do wax again.

So I wonder how much it would cost to put together a short production run?

If everyone on WATMM paid and placed an advance order for vinyl?

Just a thought...

exactly $809 for a run of 100, according to the vinyl producer i am working with.

whoa damn, i figured it would cost less than that ... i'm guessing it would cost less for each unit, the more you pressed? how much would a run of 1000 cost? (just out of curiosity)

i don't know offhand, but alot of that number up there is one-time costs (setup fees, equipment) so i don't imagine it stays that expensive if you get larger numbers. of course, paying $809 for 100 copies is still a good deal because once you pay all the one-time costs, a repress is way cheap.

• 2 months later...
Guest Dogboy73
i just found the pequod ep on ebay after two years of looking (as 'buy it now,' thank god) ... i don't know how i missed that auction!

How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

i just found the pequod ep on ebay after two years of looking (as 'buy it now,' thank god) ... i don't know how i missed that auction!

How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

i paid $40, which i thought was more than fair; i would have paid up to $100. i've only seen two copies for sale in four years; i don't know how i let the first one go. i guess because the bidding had gone up to like $80 and i was a poor college student, so.

also, to stay vaguely on topic, is anyone else sort of disappointed with HWDS? i've been sort of let down by it, now; it might be their worst album. there are a handful of great tracks (moving, galacticus, duke of slade) but way too much weird filler. it's still a good album, but, i dunno

Guest Dogboy73
also, to stay vaguely on topic, is anyone else sort of disappointed with HWDS? i've been sort of let down by it, now; it might be their worst album. there are a handful of great tracks (moving, galacticus, duke of slade) but way too much weird filler. it's still a good album, but, i dunno

I really like it. But yes a bit to much weird filter stuff all over the place but I still think it's a bloody awesome album.

The reason I asked about the Pequod 12" is because I've got one I want to sell. I want to get a good price for it though. Didn't know whether to put it on e-bay as an auction or 'buy it now' but I didn't want to give it a ludicrously high price tag!

well, auction is always a better idea than buy it now ... the value is what people are willing to pay for it, and you'll only know that when the bidding begins. i'd say low-end, like $35-40, and high end, $90-100. but really it depends on how many freescha fans happen to 'search' for it during the 7-day auction window

Guest Dogboy73
well, auction is always a better idea than buy it now ... the value is what people are willing to pay for it, and you'll only know that when the bidding begins. i'd say low-end, like $35-40, and high end, $90-100. But really it depends on how many freescha fans happen to 'search' for it during the 7-day auction window

Exactly! I've got a copy of the first Freescha CD album on ebay, buy it now for £14.99. It's not had much of a look in so far (apart from some jerk who offered me a fiver for it!) so I guess there aren't that many Freescha fans perusing the pages of e-bay. My Freescha CD is currently 1 of only 3 Freescha releases on the whole of e-bay!

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll...p;Submit=Search

dude, 15 pounds isn't happening on that CD. not when darla has all of the freescha releases on cd and vinyl (except pequod) for dirt cheap. in fact that disc you have for sale can be purchased new from darla for only $5.79.

so really the jerk who offered you a fiver for it might have been the only person interested.

Guest Dogboy73

And there was me thinking it was as rare as hens teeth when you can buy it from a shop for about £3!! :embrassed: Might have to drop the price a bit there.

Hence the reason I'm doing a bit of research on me Peqoud pricing :wink:

yeah pequod will fetch some cash for sure. i'd buy one if i didn't have one already, but it's quite sought after now by freescha folks so i'm sure you'll get a bite.

Guest Dogboy73
honestly i'd sell pequod on discogs rather than ebay, but that's just me ...

I was thinking that. There aren't any on there at the moment.

Same with my Black Dog Productions Virtual EP. There are a few of them on there. I think a couple of them are up for £300-£400 ........ But there's also one for 99 Euros! The prices on Discogs are all over the place. I might put Pequod on there for £500 & see what happens :wink2:

Archived