IGNORED

The Aphex Twin Music on TV

Dragon

The song "4" was used in a US government anti-drug advertisement spot, as well as an advertisement in the United States for the Special Olympics.

David Firth, the creator of the online series "Salad Fingers", has used "Milkman", "4" and "Girl/Boy Song" in his own unofficial videos.

"Girl/Boy Song" was used in the US in a Bank of America commercial.

The short film Rubber Johnny utilized an extended version of "afx237 v7" and "gwarek2" as its background score.

"Jynweythek Ylow" and "Avril 14th" were featured in Sofia Coppola's 2006 film Marie-Antoinette.

"Omgyjya-Switch7" is featured in the 2006 film Children of Men.

"Nanou2" plays towards the end of the Shane Meadows film Dead Man's Shoes.

"Avril 14th" was sampled in the digital short Iran So Far on a Saturday Night Live episode that aired on 2007-09-29.

"Btoum-Roumada" is featured in the 2007 Harmony Korine film Mister Lonely.

lol

well done :angry:

I watched this movie before I knew Aphex Twin, awesome.

Guest L3X1C0N

Dead Man's Shoes is a Warp Films production so I guess they got that one as a freebie

I watched this movie before I knew Aphex Twin, awesome.

no offense but what are you like, 12 years old?

I was obviously not being serious when I said 'awesome'? What's your point?

Guest AOOproductions
If anyone's interested, the entire Gun documentary was uploaded to YouTube.

Here is part 4, with Raising The Titanic (Big Drum Mix) at the start, and Girl/Boy (NLS Mix) at 2:39:

And part 6, with Quino-phec at 3:50:

Is it just me, or does it seem like AFX's music is fucken silly in the backround of anything but a chris cunningham video. There, the images are meant to directly match the music. But anywhere else His music ... just doesn't fit with anything ive ever seen it in. I guess it's just because ive listened to his music so much and have my own images in my head from it. So when i see the music applied to other images it just doesn't work.

But then again, maybe it's just to abstract to work with conventional media. Notice they didn't use any of the parts of girl/boy with the breaks, just the sweet sounding synths at the end of the song.

Guest L3X1C0N
Is it just me, or does it seem like AFX's music is fucken silly in the backround of anything but a chris cunningham video. There, the images are meant to directly match the music. But anywhere else His music ... just doesn't fit with anything ive ever seen it in. I guess it's just because ive listened to his music so much and have my own images in my head from it. So when i see the music applied to other images it just doesn't work.

I dunno. The SAWII tracks on Chris Morris' Jam/Blue Jam work incredibly well as a background to Chris' disturbingly surreal sketches. It just depends on what tracks and where the tracks are being used

Edited by L3X1C0N

Guest Calx Sherbet

if you haven't really listened to afx much, his music probably fits better. otherwise your probably too used to it.

Guest analogue wings
There was a BBC documentary about the British Contemporary Art duo Gilbert and George. I didn't see it when it was broadcasted, but I saw it at this website.

The tracks used were just a few of the tracks on SAWII. You can hear them early on in the program.

http://www.ubu.com/film/gg_bbc.html

THANKS

G+G are my fave artists. That fucken ruled.

Just found the old dvd with my tv recording on it - documentary about a german woman who let her child starve to death, hid it between the pillows of a sofa in the other children's room and eventually put it in a freezer has the first 4 seconds of Gwarek 2.

Guest analogue wings
THANKS

G+G are gay. That fucken ruled.

fixed

BECAUSE GAY IS BAD

THATS WHY WE ARE ALL HANGING OUT ON A FORUM FOR MUSIC THAT WAS INVENTED BY GAY MEN

THANKS

fixed

BECAUSE GAY IS BAD

THATS WHY WE ARE ALL HANGING OUT ON A FORUM FOR MUSIC THAT WAS INVENTED BY GAY MEN

Electronic dance music was made by gay men? Next you'll tell me that gay men made heavy metal too.

RobHalford.jpg

Guest Quoth
THANKS

fixed

BECAUSE GAY IS BAD

Electronic dance music was made by gay men? Next you'll tell me that gay men made heavy metal too.

RobHalford.jpg

Well, Ron Hardy and Larry Levan pioneered electronic music in gay clubs and were gay themselves.

THANKS

fixed

BECAUSE GAY IS BAD

RobHalford.jpg

Well, Ron Hardy and Larry Levan pioneered electronic music in gay clubs and were gay themselves.

Not to mention Frankie Knuckles too, and many more. I thought the sarcasm in my post was pretty obvious. (The singer of Judas Priest is gay by the way)

I just saw a tv programme for children where there was somebody in a big robot suit scaring all those children at some theater or something, and the robot had all these bleeping neon lights and Bit4 coming out of his suit, looping constantly.

Weird.