IGNORED

The Aphex Twin Music on TV

Dragon

Guest bunty

Lichen & Tree from SAW2 on The Violent Highway on BBC2. Also, did anyone see a doc on channel 4 a few months ago where about 3/4 of the soundtrack was from SAW2? Also, does anyone know what the point of this thread is?

• 2 weeks later...

was watching the community access channel yesterday, a show called JAAM E JAM USA (arabic and indian music videos). usually it's just pop singers, but a sort of trancey one with samples came on. all of a sudden the chorus came on and I (stoned) immediately recognized it as an aphex melody, but I couldn't place it. soon it was driving me crazy so I ran to grab my recorder.

by the time I got back I realized it was just the synth line from Popcorn.

31319701_6fb52218b2.jpg made myself sit in a corner for 15 minutes.

Guest ZeroHour

what release is the aphex twin cover of popcorn from?

heard in some places its from a caustic window release, heard from others its fake

anyone clear it up for me?

omg i heard some music by one of the most popular and influential artists in Electronic Music History on the television

and now i am quite literally making a post about it on the internet

OMG

suck a cheetah's dick

lick my quantised pad fill

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Gottlob
I Heard "Film" in Turbo a French program.

It shows the new Prius.

Oops, Sorry, I didn't see it. :confused:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Jesus fucking Christ, I'm watching Harry Hill's TV Burp right now on ITV (they basically make fun of clips from the past week's TV shows), and he's showing a clip of a Sky1 show called Got To Dance and I was FUCKING ASTONISHED to hear Ventolin (Cylob Mix) being danced to.

It scares me how excited I get when I recognize music on the TV, especially in this case. I guess that's why I started this thread. Hearing this amazing Cylob remix on a high-profile dance show, as the centerpiece of a section of the show, is awesome enough. But to hear it repeated on one of my favourite regular comedy shows is almost too much for me to handle! I think I'm gonna have a heart attack...

UPDATE: OMFG he actually used the same track in a follow-up joke during the second half of the program! For a gag, he plays a CD called "Now That's What I Call Ghost Music 1" on a CD player. After listening and commenting on it, he says, "now let's see what's on the other side" and he flips over the CD from the read side to the other side. When he presses play, Ventolin (Cylob Mix) begins playing, and Harry begins dancing comically, as to replicate the clips from Sky1's Got To Dance.

I am absolutely amazed by all of this. One of my favourite IDM tracks, joked about by Harry Hill. I love you all.

• 7 months later...

Im gonna have bump this, I heard the intro to Tha in a documentary called Are we Alone in the Universe on RTE One yesterday afternoon, a Discovery style doc that looked at government experiments and extraterrestrial intelligence from the last fifty years. Im pretty sure some of Enos music was in there too.

Guest Calx Sherbet

Im gonna have bump this, I heard the intro to Tha in a documentary called Are we Alone in the Universe on RTE One yesterday afternoon, a Discovery style doc that looked at government experiments and extraterrestrial intelligence from the last fifty years. Im pretty sure some of Enos music was in there too.

finally some good music placement

• 8 months later...
Guest drukqs

So I was in the kitchen cutting up some strawberries when I heard this very familiar melody faintly, somewhere. I thought it was coming from my computer in the other room when I identified it as being track #7 from SAWII. Then I heard the melody go away completely, and then fade back again. I then knew it wasn't coming from my computer. Sure enough, my parents were watching a T.V. show in the same room (our kitchen and our living room are connected) and needless to say, I dropped the fucking knife and ran over to the T.V. and embarrassingly had one of my life's few geek-out moments. But hey I'd never heard Aphex on T.V. before. It completely caught me off guard.

Here's the show they were watching. It starts at 5:12:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkuCeWesjVI&feature=related

Apparently scientists like a little Aphex? :braindance:

Edited by drukqs