IGNORED

The Aphex Twin Music on TV

Dragon

Apparently scientists the BBC like a little Aphex? :braindance:

Yeah we've had documentaries and TV shows scattered with Warp infused soundtracks for many a year now !

Guest hahathhat

So I was in the kitchen cutting up some strawberries when I heard this very familiar melody faintly, somewhere. I thought it was coming from my computer in the other room when I identified it as being track #7 from SAWII. Then I heard the melody go away completely, and then fade back again. I then knew it wasn't coming from my computer. Sure enough, my parents were watching a T.V. show in the same room (our kitchen and our living room are connected) and needless to say, I dropped the fucking knife and ran over to the T.V. and embarrassingly had one of my life's few geek-out moments. But hey I'd never heard Aphex on T.V. before. It completely caught me off guard.

Here's the show they were watching. It starts at 5:12:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkuCeWesjVI&feature=related

Apparently scientists like a little Aphex? :braindance:

the first song in that vid is "steve's gonna teach you" by add n to (x)!

music director for this show obviously knows what's up.

Guest uptown devil

So I was in the kitchen cutting up some strawberries when I heard this very familiar melody faintly, somewhere. I thought it was coming from my computer in the other room when I identified it as being track #7 from SAWII. Then I heard the melody go away completely, and then fade back again. I then knew it wasn't coming from my computer. Sure enough, my parents were watching a T.V. show in the same room (our kitchen and our living room are connected) and needless to say, I dropped the fucking knife and ran over to the T.V. and embarrassingly had one of my life's few geek-out moments. But hey I'd never heard Aphex on T.V. before. It completely caught me off guard.

Here's the show they were watching. It starts at 5:12:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkuCeWesjVI&feature=related

Apparently scientists like a little Aphex? :braindance:

the first song in that vid is "steve's gonna teach you" by add n to (x)!

music director for this show obviously knows what's up.

'slow jam' by four tet at 4:35

Guest drukqs

Incidentally, I love putting on track 7 when I'm outside my grandmother's house up in the mountains at 5 o' clock in the morning. It's so fitting.

Actually, pretty much anywhere at 4 or 5 in the morning is complimented by that song.

Edited by drukqs

Guest drukqs

lol, that could actually be true. IMDB doesn't credit Aphex on that episode. Two of his songs were used in that episode, as far as I can tell.

Who knows how many other TV programs are floating around out there with Aphex Twin songs in 'em?

Edited by drukqs

Guest hahathhat

Who knows how many other TV programs are floating around out there with Aphex Twin songs in 'em?

Guest tht tne

:facepalm: x 3,967

Guest hahathhat

does anyone know the effects they use?

i can definitely hear an amp that goes to 11, and maybe some cocaine. but the vid's audio quality is too shit to tell otherwise.

lol, that could actually be true. IMDB doesn't credit Aphex on that episode. Two of his songs were used in that episode, as far as I can tell.

IIRC, there were four tracks from SAW2 used in the 'Time' series altogether.

Was this thread started so that aphex could look for missing royalties ??

I couldn't possibly comment on that.

• 1 month later...

Holy hell! I've just heard 'On' used in a trailer for a documentary about Parallel Universes on Nat Geo, airing just 15 minutes before the show itself! I'll definitely be watching, if not just for the subject matter with which I am fascinated.

Holy hell! I've just heard 'On' used in a trailer for a documentary about Parallel Universes on Nat Geo, airing just 15 minutes before the show itself! I'll definitely be watching, if not just for the subject matter with which I am fascinated.

I'll be on the lookout for a rerun, thanks for the heads-up. Sounds interesting besides On to me, too...

• 10 months later...
Guest liquiday

Heard a Polynomial-C in "Killer Outbreaks" commercial on polish Discovery Science chanell.

There was a BBC documentary about the British Contemporary Art duo Gilbert and George. I didn't see it when it was broadcasted, but I saw it at this website.

The tracks used were just a few of the tracks on SAWII. You can hear them early on in the program.

http://www.ubu.com/film/gg_bbc.html

Not true. You hear it in departments stores like Nordstrom and Macy's.

• 1 month later...

Spotted another SAWVol2 track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzXtrRybOnU

Early in the trailer.

Okay, so is "Grey Stripe" the saw 2 track that you speak of that's in this trailer? The windy sounding one.. Right there toward the beginning of the trailer right? At least, thats what im hearing, but still hard to tell.

Btw, just recently watched this movie (Cthulu) after seeing this post and thought it was fantastic.. Pretty creepy. I recommend it to all ya'll.

• 3 months later...

There's this Danish gadget/tech tv program called 'So Ein Ding'. They play Aphex Twin and Squarepusher almost every week.

I remember hearing Freeman Hardy & Willis Acid and Hangable Auto Bulb recently.

Edited by Npoess

• 1 year later...