IGNORED

AE LIVE AT GLADE

cygnus

Yes, I'd be interested to know more about this as well (if they played new material, etc.) but sadly I have no information.

Hopefully someone who was there will swing by.

Guest blutac

Really good set, mostly/probably completely newish material (was still hoping in vain for something from Tri Repetae). Untitled beats, really good to trip to, but if Id been up for dancing I would have left. Definetly worth downloading if someone recorded it.

Guest minuek

Im guessing it was mostly new , didnt recognise any of it. but im sure there was parts of the tress from untitled.

They came on just before 3 in the morning and finished about 4.

The tent was wicked dark on stage couldnt really see them and green lazers going crazy.

I am still getting goose bumps when I think about this gig. I have seen AE live about 4 times now and this was by far the best experience,but that could be something to do with the shrooms etc....

Like most AE gigs it is very hard to confirm if any tracks are from albums or just live mash ups. I was sure and my mate also confirmed this that they played a few mash ups from Untilted. I am quietly confidant that someone recorded this :wink2: and I am 99% sure that at least one track will be on the live album (when/if it is released!).

I was so gutted that :squarepusher_logo: + RDJ where not playing this year that I felt nearly robbed. But when I got the official programe and it was confirmed that AE were playing I didn't think about again all weekend.

I was right down the front for the gig and AE did the usual thing by playing in the dark, apart from the green lasers that were AMAZING. A few non AE people that I got to come into the gig only lasted about 2 tracks which is always a shame when people don't get 'your' music. The tent was packed btw :grin: :grin:

If you have never been to the Glade festival? you must make sure you get yourself there one year. This festival is getting better year by year, I would even put my head on the line and say this year was better than any Glastonbury I have ever been to!!

Guest Captain Cooper

There was this one melody which just zapped me in the heart and head and hasn't left either since. Is this on an album? Don't recognise it but I don't have all their albums.

You can hear it here:

Anyone recognise it?

what was the date of their performance?

14th July

There was this one melody which just zapped me in the heart and head and hasn't left either since. Is this on an album? Don't recognise it but I don't have all their albums.

You can hear it here:

Anyone recognise it?

14th July

thats one of their new live songs. its not on any albums, just part of the newest gig shows theyre doing.

how about that finisher? most devastating thing youve ever heard, or what?

It's coming back to me! They definitely played LCC as the opening No.

LCC is the 7th song they play in the 05-06 gigs - first doesnt have a public 'title' yet really

I was so gutted that :squarepusher_logo: + RDJ where not playing this year that I felt nearly robbed. But when I got the official programe and it was confirmed that AE were playing I didn't think about again all weekend.

Yeah I felt much the same - I knew back in March that AE were there (:wink2: It was bloody difficult keeping that secret, I was so excited as soon as I found out and wanted to shout about it!) but was secretly hoping them two'd be there as well. I can honestly say I didn't miss them though!

I'm also sure AE played a fair bit of Untilted....more than a couple of tunes at least!

I posted some clips on youtube but they're pretty shit so I'll not post a link (was all short clips on my phone, you can't really hear much :unhappy) if you want to listen you'll be able to find them!

Guest giginger

In case anyone wonders. I took those videos with a Sony DSC-V1. It's a camera. Not a video recorder. Also, I was stood right at the back of the tent because with ae there's nothing to actually watch and it was great to just stand back and listen without some cunt elbowing you in the face.

Probably got a better look at the laser show too :)

Those vids are straight from the memory card too so I haven't compressed them further.

In case anyone wonders. I took those videos with a Sony DSC-V1. It's a camera. Not a video recorder. Also, I was stood right at the back of the tent because with ae there's nothing to actually watch and it was great to just stand back and listen without some cunt elbowing you in the face.

Those vids are straight from the memory card too so I haven't compressed them further.

I like them mate :ok:

Guest giginger

I like them mate :ok:

Cool :)

You can hear it here:

Anyone recognise it?

14th July

thats one of their new live songs. its not on any albums, just part of the newest gig shows theyre doing.

how about that finisher? most devastating thing youve ever heard, or what?

kinda reminds me of the cichlisuite stuff which is my favorite type of ae. sounds really good :yeah:

That was the first time I'd seen them and they were bloody brilliant. An amazing execution of how to contruct fantastic beats. I didn't actually recognise anything but I really didn't care.

I also spent ages talking to a really hot girl beforehand about autechre and how much she loved them. What a combination. Major wang activation.

Guest Captain Cooper

Yep, Glade is definitely proof that the fabled electronic music girls exist. They just avoid watmm for some strange reason :laughing:

Um...hello?!?! I'm here aren't I? :ermm:

Oh hang on, you're on about 'hot' electronic music girls.....

Sorry, my mistake :wink2:

So your saying you not a 'hot electronic music grrl?!?

So your saying you not a 'hot electronic music grrl?!?

:sad: Yup. I'm just an average one.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

Archived