IGNORED

BT - This Binary Universe

Neto

"But this is something else entirely. Labels such as “ambient” or “modern classical” fit for a few seconds, then the next passage in the song blows away the last, taking any attempt to classify along with it. We can’t restrain our editorial opinion: This as-yet-untitled [sic] magnum opus is fine art that works on many levels, mind-bendingly deep but a pleasure to kick back and just listen to. In a hundred years, it could well be studied as the first major electronic work of the new millennium. It’s that good." - Stephen Fortner in Keyboard Magazine

:wub:

"This Binary Universe" unifies the two genres for which BT is most well known: electronic music and film scoring. Varying from lo-fi classical pieces with jazz chord structures to glitch and electronic music-influenced micro-rhythmic, introspective, electronic tone poems, BT utilizes hand-designed digital instruments alongside a broad range of analog musical instruments to create a work that defies classification. Additionally, all of the animations have been created in high definition, allowing the album to be shown in cinemas in full resolution with a 5.1-channel soundtrack, as well as providing the option to utilize the content in the next-generation, high-definition optical disc formats Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD.

any fans of BT in here? :embrassed:

I'm almost completely unfamiliar with BT, and I probably wont try anything out but this is a cracking idea nonetheless.

Guest Ron Manager

i ended up seeing bt last night with armin van buuren, dieselboy and some others, wasn't a bad event really. held at red rocks amphitheatre in denver. plenty of friends, scantily-clad women and droogs :cool:

• 5 weeks later...
Guest The Glorious Return of FETALoil

boom tiss boom tiss boom tiss boom tiss check out my lightstick 252.25

• 2 weeks later...

This album is absolutely amazing. Fuck anyone who dismisses it without hearing it because BT also makes trance. You're really missing out on a gem.

This is better than 90% of what "electronic music" artists have put out recently.

• 1 month later...
Guest Saskrotch
i ended up seeing bt last night with armin van buuren, dieselboy and some others, wasn't a bad event really. held at red rocks amphitheatre in denver. plenty of friends, scantily-clad women and droogs :cool:

how do you "end up" going to a show like that, it sounds like it probably cost 80 bucks a ticket at least

p.s. bt is a fag proven by the video where he vogues for 4 minutes straight

Guest dinner at my house

ahaha

Guest Ron Manager

how do you "end up" going to a show like that, it sounds like it probably cost 80 bucks a ticket at least

p.s. bt is a fag proven by the video where he vogues for 4 minutes straight

it was a last minute thing, hadnt planned on going until the day of, got the ticket dirt cheap, but even so they were only like $40 before that.

Archived