IGNORED

Official BoC T-Shirts

Joyrex

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, they were worth the wait. They looked quite passable on Warp Mart, but the reality is that they're actually fucking shit. These are going straight back to Warp Mart. And these are supposed to be better than all of those 'cheap imitations'? I think I'd sooner take my chances on eBay. And just because I ordered a Large size doesn't automatically mean that I'm fucking nine feet tall.

BoC are obviously having to compensate for the no-profit ethos of Music 70 by fleecing gullible cunts like me with shite like this through Warp Mart.

Oh, and cheers for the wank sticker. Generous compensation for a month's delay.

Warp, BoC, all of you can go and just FUCK YOURSELVES.

Cunts.

Guest Jase Space

I really like mine. The size is perfect and it's a good quality tee though I did have to stretch the neck a wee bit to make it not choke me. All in all though I'm happy with mine. Dunno what other people were expecting, it's a T-shirt with a BoC image on it.

I really like mine. The size is perfect and it's a good quality tee though I did have to stretch the neck a wee bit to make it not choke me. All in all though I'm happy with mine. Dunno what other people were expecting, it's a T-shirt with a BoC image on it.

I second this.

I do like the two t-shirts as well and they fit like they're supposed to fit.

I ordered a medium one; just like I also ordered the Aphex Twin one in medium a couple of years ago. Exactly the same size so I don't know what people are on about...

Guest dannniel

Mine finally came last week. Haven't worn it yet but it looks similar in size to my other Warp t shirt which is a small and fits perfectly, apart from being stupidly long on the chest. Oh well.

i love this 'non profit ethos of music 70' crap.

what do you think they do with the revenue from a couple of hundred thousand album sales, numerous high profile remixes etc.

give it to charity?

lol.

i love this 'non profit ethos of music 70' crap.

what do you think they do with the revenue from a couple of hundred thousand album sales, numerous high profile remixes etc.

give it to charity?

lol.

They keep themselves and their children alive, obviously. Preserving the continuation of beautiful human life is charity on its own.

And it's not that a band like BoC gets rich from record sales, far from, imho.

no, but exceptionally comfortable.

a couple of hundred thousand album sales in a year, plus some lucrative remix work...

rough estimate from music alone they're both gonna make 150 thou in a year when an album has just come out...add to that performance royalties every time top gear, or gardeners world or etc etc ad infinitum bbc programmes use a boc track, which is A LOT. and now t-shirt sales also.

they're not skint... far from it.

i'm not saying they're money grabbing meanies, with like ten ferraris and a stupid little dog, but they don't have to worry about where the next meal is coming from either.

anyway, i just took issue with the 'non profit ethos' statement...

since when have music 70 upheld a non profit ethos?. those dudes are some of the cleverest marketing minds i've ever come across in the record industry.

no, but exceptionally comfortable.

a couple of hundred thousand album sales in a year, plus some lucrative remix work...

rough estimate from music alone they're both gonna make 150 thou in a year when an album has just come out...add to that performance royalties every time top gear, or gardeners world or etc etc ad infinitum bbc programmes use a boc track, which is A LOT. and now t-shirt sales also.

they're not skint... far from it.

i'm not saying they're money grabbing meanies, with like ten ferraris and a stupid little dog, but they don't have to worry about where the next meal is coming from either.

anyway, i just took issue with the 'non profit ethos' statement...

since when have music 70 upheld a non profit ethos?. those dudes are some of the cleverest marketing minds i've ever come across in the record industry.

Well I can see your point but still making music is not only their hobby but also the thing they do for a living; it's a job like any other job I think. I don't know if they do other jobs as well but if it's true what you're saying then they don't need to do other things to keep living... so that's good for them and good for us as well because they can focus more on their music...

And where exactly did you spot that 'non profit ethos' statement? That kinda slipped my mind...

BoC are obviously having to compensate for the no-profit ethos of Music 70 by fleecing gullible cunts like me with shite like this through Warp Mart.

Cunts.

my mistake.

it's still here.

:alien:

Yeah, fair play, it was a fatuous comment, and if I'm perfectly honest it was just a fit of pique because I was pissed off when I got the t-shirts (very childish, I know). And 'non-profit' was about as inappropriate a comment as I could have made. I just had in mind the blurb quoted on Discogs about Music 70 not being commercially orientated, and it was that rather than their Warp activities I was thinking of. And that, to my shame, was about as rational as I was being at the time, as in hindsight what I posted last week doesn't fit into any kind of actual context. Like I said, very immature! And I certainly don't have any qualms about BoC or any other artists making money out of what they do, otherwise I wouldn't put more money in their coffers.

So, pwned? Most definitely! Hands up to that.

Oh, and I changed my mind about the t-shirts, and after a spin in the Hotpoint 'House and Trees' now has much better proportions. And I also ordered the two new designs today as well.

I'll never sulk in public again.

lol ... i'd just like to see some sort of evidence, that's all. i just remember they said in an interview that one of the biggest misconceptions about them is that they make a lot of money off their music ... i can't imagine the market for BoC being that big.

write them a letter.

fuck, write warp a letter.

i was thinking the other day that it'd be at least interesting, and at most useful if there was a website which told you exactly how many copies of each release had sold.. for multiple artists, not just boc because that would be sad.

mhtrtc made it into the indie top 20 in it's first few months of release. you have to sell a decent amaount of records for that, and it's been steadily trickling out of record shops for nearly, if not actually a decade now.

seriously dude... there's a lot of rabid boccers... they sell a shitload of records for electronic music peeps.

i also guarantee that bmw paid them at least 50 grand for that ad.

Archived