IGNORED

Q-Chastic/Melodies From Mars

Guest vibertisgod

Guest vibertisgod

I’ve been collecting Aphex stuff for a few years now but there are a few glaring omissions from my collection that I would really like to hear!

I am willing to send cash via paypal to anyone who can send me a cd copy of the Q-Chastic ep, Melodies From Mars, Pac-Man/Powerpill or The Philosophy of Sound and Machine (A.R.T.)

I would really appreciate a copy of any of above, if you can oblige please PM me or reply and name a price. Thanks!

:teeth:

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can get Powerpill on Ebay usually, Melodies from Mars was never released, only a few promo cassette tapes exist which you won't ever get, you won't get Q-Chastic (some people even doubt it exists at all) ever in a million years and it was a vinyl only release anyway and you can probably find The Philosophy of Sound and Machine for sale somewhere if you look hard enough.

Write off Melodies From Mars and Q-Chastic though. Not happening mate.

EDIT: You can find the mp3's of Melodies From Mars on Soulseek...you might even find some tracks called Q-Chastic, but they're probably fakes....

Surely you must have seen ART2CD and Power-Pill on ebay ?

I saw Power-Pill go for $10 last month and for £92 a few weeks later...I bought mine for £42 :(

I also recently saw a guy trying to sell a copy of MFM on ebay but he said it wasn't an original MC so who cares.

Q-Chastic is the one release I've never seen anywhere and I'm pretty sure it's a joke really...

BTW : I'll buy CAT23 if anyone's got a mint copy ;)

There's a whole Q-chastic single, 4-tracks as far as I know. I've got mp3's but that's not really proof, it could easily be a fake but if there's 1 track that is definatly legit that single's legit... every track is blatently designed and written with the same gear setup exactly.

Guest vibertisgod
You can get Powerpill on Ebay usually, Melodies from Mars was never released, only a few promo cassette tapes exist which you won't ever get, you won't get Q-Chastic (some people even doubt it exists at all) ever in a million years and it was a vinyl only release anyway and you can probably find The Philosophy of Sound and Machine for sale somewhere if you look hard enough.

Write off Melodies From Mars and Q-Chastic though. Not happening mate.

EDIT: You can find the mp3's of Melodies From Mars on Soulseek...you might even find some tracks called Q-Chastic, but they're probably fakes....

Could rip the MFM mp3's onto cd and sell them to me please...anyone?...

There's a whole Q-chastic single, 4-tracks as far as I know. I've got mp3's but that's not really proof, it could easily be a fake but if there's 1 track that is definatly legit that single's legit... every track is blatently designed and written with the same gear setup exactly.

Could rip these 'fake' mp3's onto cd and sell them to me please...?

Eh? Can't you simply download them yourself and buy a blank CD and put 'em on there yourself? I don't get it. Have you heard of Soulseek??? Seriously? If not, go onto here and download it! Install, search for MFM, download the music. Burn to CD. Job done.

Guest beavis14996

i have q-chastic ep in mp3 format:

a1 untitled [8:07]

a2 untitled [9:06]

b1 untitled [4:03]

b2 untitled [10:11]

i think they aren't fakes because track b1 is identical like the second track (Q-Chastic - CAT 002) on The Philosophy Of Sound And Machine compilation http://www.discogs.com/release/51236

Guest vibertisgod

Eh? Can't you simply download them yourself and buy a blank CD and put 'em on there yourself? I don't get it. Have you heard of Soulseek??? Seriously? If not, go onto here and download it! Install, search for MFM, download the music. Burn to CD. Job done.

-I only have the internet at work and have no soundcard, CD burner & not allowed to download software. -Please could someone do this for me and I will send you some money via Paypal - $20 or something! that was the purpose of this topic and why I mentioned in my original post that I could not use soulseek and required a cd!

-come on $20/£14 anyone..... (more for postage!)

i think they aren't fakes because track b1 is identical like the second track (Q-Chastic - CAT 002) on The Philosophy Of Sound And Machine compilation http://www.discogs.com/release/51236

-beavis - please please please burn this onto cd for me - I will send you money via paypal - please!

peace

:shade:

I also have this EP in mp3 format and I'm pretty sure it's a fake.

I know I've read somewhere that the cat002 from ART2CD isn't the same as the one on the Q-Chastic EP.

Guest yetihunter

I know I've read somewhere that the cat002 from ART2CD isn't the same as the one on the Q-Chastic EP.

the q-chastic ep was discussed on this board before here and the one mentioned above is a fake, i'm still not sure the bugger ever existed.

vibertisgod - i have some blank cdrs, if you still need a copy of mfm then pm me - you can have it for free :) and i can even stick the powerpill tracks on the end of it!

The track "Q-Chastic" is totally different than the one on the acutal CAT002 promo vinyls, I'm told.

You probably read it on joyrex.com/watmm ages ago :grin:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

there is a discussion on discogs (http://www.discogs.com/forums/topic?topic_id=115453) that had at least some tiny little news on the whole rare rephlex-stuff, at least for me.

so is here anyone who can shed some more light on cat 003 by IG-88(does it exist?), the q-chastic ep (really a 2*7"?) the other mentioned cat#s & the 'rave colonel'?

eehm, perhaps JOYREX?? ;)

Guest transfer
there is a discussion on discogs (http://www.discogs.com/forums/topic?topic_id=115453) that had at least some tiny little news on the whole rare rephlex-stuff, at least for me.

so is here anyone who can shed some more light on cat 003 by IG-88(does it exist?), the q-chastic ep (really a 2*7"?) the other mentioned cat#s & the 'rave colonel'?

eehm, perhaps JOYREX?? ;)

IG-88 is Grant supposedly

SUBJECT:Grant Wilson Claridge

AKA:IG-88

Co-owner and founder of Rephlex. Richard tells an interesting story about how he met Grant: "I was 15 or 16 and I'd done this hip hop track he was really into. And he just said, I want to put that out on a record. He didn't have anything do with records - except he had shitloads of them." It's Grant's sensibilites as a music fan that have shaped Rephlex into whatever it has become today. Grant's varied tastes are often on display when he dj's with the Rephlex crew (sometimes as DJ IG-88), spinning everything from acid house to Herbie Hancock. Grant is the man - and he has more records than you do.

(Gonzi Merchan)

:braindance:

the 'rave colonel'?

This is supposedly a record called K7AC1D by Rave Colonel that is apparently one of the best acid tracks ever made (according to Grant). It was pressed up as a promo limited to like 20 copies or something, then the guy who made it dies in a car crash and the record was never released. It is supposed to have 5 TB-303's overlaid on top of each other creating some very dynamic and original acid sounds. The only people with copies are Grant Wilson Claridge, Aphex, Cylob and MuZiq (I even had a little chat with Mike Paradinas about this a few years ago and he told me that he's got 5 copies in his garage and he's not ever letting them see the light of day apart from maybe very occasionally playing it in a DJ set).

I think the reality of it is that it's probably an unreleased Aphex acid track. Possibly even that fucking WICKED unknown track that Richard plays in his Rome set. You know the one - got a real simple kick + closed hi hat techno beat, but the most amazing squelchy acid that sounds like it may be a few 303's layered on top of each other.....

Anyway, the whole thing's a mystery and I've been trying to find a copy of the track for years with no success. :sad:

hmm, i knew about ig-88 being grant, but is that record released at all?

and the rave colonel - 12" sounds to good to be true, maybe one of those aphex-stories?! releasing one unbelievable good record and dying in a car crash after that smells too much like a made-up 'rocknroll'-mystery...

and what about these:

CAT 003 Strong Island Players (1 sided promo)

CAT 011 Green Calx (2 track picture disc)

CAT 013 Space Avenger (cassette)

NCC 1701 IG-88 / Voafose and Ohm (double A side 4 track 12")

TR 606 The Cyberchildren (3 track, club use only)

??

one of those aphex-stories

Yeah, I reckon it probably is. But I do think the record exists - it's just probably BY Aphex and not released. Just gave a few copies to his mates....

The Rave Colonel == RDJ's old Ebay username

Dunno if he ever released anything under that moniker though.

I asked Grant about IG-88 and he told me it was a robot in Star Wars and had nothing to do with him, ha.

They like their secrets and mystery, don't they?

Archived