IGNORED

Q-Chastic/Melodies From Mars

Guest vibertisgod

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joyrex said he leaked MFM back in 2000.

i think he did and got in trouble for it, but that's not where the leak came from originally.

Exactly. The person who actually made the RealAudio samples of one of the original cassette shall remain nameless.

So how did the remaining tracks make it into circulation? Same person who made the RA samples? Which 2 tracks where not on the copy you received? Where both Fingerbib and Logan Rock demos on your version?

I have a table comparing my version versus the 'proper' version (I did that at the time to clear up any confusion about what the correct times and order the tracks should be in) that I'll have to dig out. I have no idea who ended up leaking the "proper" version. I've got an original cassette, but for the life of me I can't find the CD rip of it I made - and I don't have a tape deck anymore to play it!

apparently it doesn't matter what your Q-Chastic sounds like, it's still a fake.

i bet joyrex secretly has it...

Nah, wish I did - when I was in touch with Richard, he said he didn't even have the test pressings anymore - the only copy he knows of is on DAT stored at his parent's house in *****. I highly doubt that it will ever see the light of day; there was a reason they decided to go with the Bradley's Beat stuff over this, after all!

Would be neat to know the proper order of the Melodies cassette...

I do remember reading all that before. I remember on XLT Joyrex that you were saying something about the unreleased material around Caustic Window time to the Ventolin era of time and MFM out-takes, can you elaborate? I do believe it was the thread were Mike. P popped in a added a comment about the CAT 023 LP's. Do you still have those scans of the labels BTW?

I've got a MD of 14 unreleased tracks, ranging from Caustic Window style tunes to some MFM outtakes, to some Ventolin remix variations. I've been cagey about putting them out there, and Richard is aware I have them, and at one point said which tracks I could release and which I couldn't, but that was on a prior version of the forum and possibly got nuked when our host went tits up way back when. The MD originates from 1994. I've always said once the discography is up and running that I'll put out samples and break the whole sordid story behind it.

Yes, I still have the CAT023 label scans (Mike P's copy).

I've got a MD of 14 unreleased tracks, ranging from Caustic Window style tunes to some MFM outtakes, to some Ventolin remix variations. I've been cagey about putting them out there, and Richard is aware I have them, and at one point said which tracks I could release and which I couldn't, but that was on a prior version of the forum and possibly got nuked when our host went tits up way back when. The MD originates from 1994. I've always said once the discography is up and running that I'll put out samples and break the whole sordid story behind it.

Ah, I see what you were talking about. I knew about the MD you received, did not know what was on it exactly. Nice range of material, so there is some older stuff, and then some of his early computer made tracks? (i.e. MFM outtakes)? Nice to know that they could someday be heard by other ears.

Are those something you can post or show?

Thanks for all the information Joyrex, much appreciated

What the hell - here's 1 minute samples of all the tracks - forgive the quality, as the MD was ripped from a cassette, which it turn was hastily taped from one of Richard's DATs (more on this later) - the sound gets progressively better as the tracks go on.

Let's see what happens now... shall we?

Oh -anyone else who may have these tracks - my posting samples of this does NOT give you carte blanche to post the full audio versions anywhere - they are still copyrighted tracks, protected by international copyright laws.

Richard_D_James___01___Track__1.mp3

Richard_D_James___02___Track__2.mp3

Richard_D_James___03___Track__3.mp3

Richard_D_James___04___Track__4.mp3

Richard_D_James___05___Track__5.mp3

Richard_D_James___06___Track__6.mp3

Richard_D_James___07___Track__7.mp3

Richard_D_James___08___Track__8.mp3

Richard_D_James___09___Track__9.mp3

Richard_D_James___10___Track_10.mp3

Richard_D_James___11___Track_11.mp3

Richard_D_James___12___Track_12.mp3

Richard_D_James___13___Track_13.mp3

Richard_D_James___14___Track_14.mp3

Thanks joyrex! You're a badass!!!

A lot of these sound like demos and I can understand why they are unreleased, but the 2nd and last ones you posted (13 & 1) are unbelievable!!!

7 is on Ventolin, isn't it?

What the hell - here's 1 minute samples of all the tracks - forgive the quality, as the MD was ripped from a cassette, which it turn was hastily taped from one of Richard's DATs (more on this later) - the sound gets progressively better as the tracks go on.

Let's see what happens now... shall we?

Oh -anyone else who may have these tracks - my posting samples of this does NOT give you carte blanche to post the full audio versions anywhere - they are still copyrighted tracks, protected by international copyright laws.

:omg: WOW, thanks. I'll assume this is an early x-mas present, Joyrex, you are the man!

Guest Count Binoculars

So these must be what had Zing Zing Zingbah's panties in a bunch eh Joyrex?

Apparently none of you remember this topic where someone named - - - - - -:}}{{_}+_ posted a bunch of clips of these tracks. Zing Zing Zingbah then posted a bunch of clips of my music (he was living at my house at the time) and I tried to have him banned. He couldn't believe that no one else noticed these but I believe Joyrex asked him not to say anything so he shut up about it. It was actually quite funny.

So the question that is begging to be asked: Who was - - - - - -:}}{{_}+_ and why was he banned? (not my question but ZZZ asked me to ask this when Joyrex released these)

I've attached the original clips.

Oh and I'm also supposed to tell Bob Dylan to 'go fuck himself' but whatever.

My work here is done. Now I'll kindly fuck off into the air.

tuss.mp3

unreleased_count_binoculars.mp3

Archived