IGNORED

Q-Chastic/Melodies From Mars

Guest vibertisgod

I've still to get a digital optical cable so I can record the MD to my Mac, then make a CD to send it out to be cleaned up. Hope to do that in my periods of non-sickness these next few days/weeks.

i hate to be a pain but i hope you'll preserve a copy before it gets "cleaned up"/ its good to have a source, also helps for a second clean-up job to start from the original

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Helper ET
I've still to get a digital optical cable so I can record the MD to my Mac, then make a CD to send it out to be cleaned up. Hope to do that in my periods of non-sickness these next few days/weeks.

does this mean sending a copy away to a mastering engineer?

Great news! ...good luck with the copying process. Hopefully you stay in good health Joyrex, you are certainly needed around here

LOL @ you guys.

Yeah, I'll keep an unmastered original before I send it off to an engineer to clean it up, hopefully restoring the fidelity to the recording.

"Excellent!"

100276794_548c83c4eb.jpg

Curious to see what Joyrex thinks about Richard playing the lost track... :shade: Wonder what other tracks Richard has started to dig up as of late. You know he had to do some digging to find that old track that he played!

LOL @ you guys.

Yeah, I'll keep an unmastered original before I send it off to an engineer to clean it up, hopefully restoring the fidelity to the recording.

"Excellent!"

100276794_548c83c4eb.jpg

Curious to see what Joyrex thinks about Richard playing the lost track... :shade: Wonder what other tracks Richard has started to dig up as of late. You know he had to do some digging to find that old track that he played!

:beer:

• 2 weeks later...
I really don't think too much of it, since it's his music, and I am sure he trolls his back catalogue of unreleased material for gigs all the time.

True, he does troll his back catalogue of unreleased material. I would think this track and others were played specifically because they were posted online. Here is another prime example. First track plays in this video of his Warehouse Project gig is Ventolin (PRAZE-AN-BEEBLE Mix) which is another one of the tracks posted here along with all the Unreleased tracks. Seriously, when was the last time he dropped this track?

<first track is PRAZE-AN-BEEBLE

Funny that the other track ([Track 04 from Unreleased Cassette Tracks]) hadn't been played in well over 10 years and then out of nowhere..

• 1 month later...

Just found another one of these unreleased tracks being played live.

These are from Melt set on 07-15-2006:

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?automodul...mp;showfile=131

at 20 minutes in Track 09 is heard

AFX___09___Track__9.mp3

at 22 minutes in Track 05

AFX___05___Track__5.mp3

you can hear the track slightly extended live compared to just the segment posted here...

and as I posted earlier it was shown he played track 4 just this last December:

[Track 04 from Unreleased Cassette Tracks]

in December of 2007

These of prime examples of why it is nice to have full recorded sets whenever fine artists (especially AFX) play stuff live, it's always nice to catch new and unreleased material. :aphexsign:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest KristByrne
I’ve been collecting Aphex stuff for a few years now but there are a few glaring omissions from my collection that I would really like to hear!

I am willing to send cash via paypal to anyone who can send me a cd copy of the Q-Chastic ep, Melodies From Mars, Pac-Man/Powerpill or The Philosophy of Sound and Machine (A.R.T.)

I would really appreciate a copy of any of above, if you can oblige please PM me or reply and name a price. Thanks!

:teeth:

Wow, talk about thread jacking!

Back to the topic at hand.

vibertisgod, you can acquire FLAC versions of all these except Q-Chastic pretty easily.

Try emule.

And look for these files:

Aphex_Twin-Melodies_From_Mars_(FLAC)-Cassette-1995.rar

Power-Pill_(Aphex_Twin)-Pac-Man_(FLAC-CUE-LOG)-CD-1992.rar

1992 - The Philosophy Of Sound And Machine (Applied Rhythmic Technology, ART2CD).rar

Feel free to look for Q-Chastic, but I've never seen anything other than fakes.

Melodies From Mars is great.

Havent heard the others...

Then do so! I actually bought the Powerpill and Philosophy CD's to HEAR the tracks... all because I could never find the Ghost Mix or Soit P.P. tracks to download so that was my decision to buy! (I've since found the tracks online, but am definitely glad I own the CDs)

ART2CD on eBay!

Starting at $10US with NR!

BRAND NEW< NEVER OPENED!

Someone hop on this...

I would but I already own it.

;)

Gentlemen start your biddings !

The last mint copy I saw on ebay went for 450 Dollars, what will it be this time ?

I got my copy for 70 Dollars a few years back

ART2CD on eBay!

BRAND NEW< NEVER OPENED!

Someone hop on this...

;)

The last mint copy I saw on ebay went for 450 Dollars, what will it be this time ?

I paid 122 GBP for my copy, it was truly mint though. Some guy had bought 2 new copies from Virgin CD store that was closing or something, got them at normal price too!! Lucky bastard, then he made a mint.

Also paid 60 GBP for GAK CD, 58.87 GBP for Powerpill CD 55 GBP for Digeridoo CD ... Now that I think about it; ouch, them are some expensive discs

ART2CD on eBay!

BRAND NEW< NEVER OPENED!

Someone hop on this...

;)

I paid 122 GBP for my copy, it was truly mint though. Some guy had bought 2 new copies from Virgin CD store that was closing or something, got them at normal price too!! Lucky bastard, then he made a mint.

Also paid 60 GBP for GAK CD, 58.87 GBP for Powerpill CD 55 GBP for Digeridoo CD ... Now that I think about it; ouch, them are some expensive discs

I think I paid 75GBP for powerpill, that was painful but I got both GAK and Digeridoo for 20 something GBP so that evens it out a little ;)

ART2CD on eBay!

BRAND NEW< NEVER OPENED!

Someone hop on this...

;)

daayam boy. i don't think i paid anywhere near that for any of those. for the Philosophy comp, i found some dude online up in the bay area that had it posted in his collection on his page and had it title something like "Philosophy of Art and Machine" obviously not knowing what the hell it was. the CD was slightly fooked as Blue Calx didn't play all the way through without skipping the shit out of itself, but i didn't care cause it was already on SAW II so i gave him $25 for it. Gak CD i bought off Pelican for like $40 i think. Digeridoo CD i got in a steal on ebay...maybe like $15 or 10. Power-Pill CD, interesting story there. when i was a kid i originally signed up a Juno email account cause i heard about this guy Baby Diddy (Xixxy on Gemm) selling an original Pac-Man 12", but i didn't buy it at that time. years later i'd accumulated a certain number of multiples of rare things. same guy, Diddy (who was calling himself that long before Sean Combs) had the HAB 12" on his wantlist and he was trying to flog a Power-Pill CD. I'd gotten 5 copies of HAB at regular price back in the day from this shop in Colorado, so i just traded him one for the Power-Pill. nice. i love those stories w/ the happy ending.

last great story i had like that was finding an original Qubism CD on em:t at amoeba for $35 and hawking it on ebay for $100. shitty CD though. my favorite rare find for a great price ever there was that Num Num clear 10" on Toytronic for $3.99! live for the hunt.

i always had this theory about the Q-Chastic EP, and the theory is that the track on The Philosophy of Sound and Machine compilation actually IS the release (or EP), thus the track being named "CAT 002". a record hiding in plain sight....and all of the information about a 2x7" that was originally published unofficially on Alan M. Perry's old RDJ Discography, was just disinformation. or not.

ART2CD on eBay!

BRAND NEW< NEVER OPENED!

Someone hop on this...

;)

The last mint copy I saw on ebay went for 450 Dollars to some retard

blah blah blah... expensive discs

daayam boy. i don't think i paid anywhere near that for any of those. for the Philosophy comp, i found some dude online up in the bay area that had it posted in his collection on his page and had it title something like "Philosophy of Art and Machine" obviously not knowing what the hell it was.

... I'd gotten 5 copies of HAB at regular price back in the day from this shop in Colorado, so i just traded him one for the Power-Pill. nice. i love those stories w/ the happy ending.

That is one of those extremely sweet trades. Well done!

i always had this theory about the Q-Chastic EP, and the theory is that the track on The Philosophy of Sound and Machine compilation actually IS the release (or EP), thus the track being named "CAT 002". a record hiding in plain sight....and all of the information about a 2x7" that was originally published unofficially on Alan M. Perry's old RDJ Discography, was just disinformation. or not.

Who knows, I think you are partially right, or all the way right. Mayby the Philosophy tracks are the CAT 002 release. There might be another track or two or along with the CAT 002 track from the ART2 CD as well...

Interesting idea. Never occurred to me before, but I'm buying it (your theory, that is).

Didn't Grant say that the track on Sound And Machine wasn't actually on the Q-Chastic EP?

True, but that does not really mean it is an accurate statement, altough I would like to think it was right...

just look at Grant's statement about the Tuss...

Didn't Grant say that the track on Sound And Machine wasn't actually on the Q-Chastic EP?

well i guess it can't really be on the EP, if it is the EP. that'd be having you cake and eating it too.

Archived