IGNORED

Q-Chastic/Melodies From Mars

Guest vibertisgod

What's the process? Will Hijexx post the mp3s here before sending back the MD to you?

MD -> WAV -> CD-R -> Joyrex

Joyrex is in control of any distribution I am just doing the transfer.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CATS
What's the process? Will Hijexx post the mp3s here before sending back the MD to you?

let me suggest you burn the WAVs as WAVs and NOT format it into Redbook CD format, in a way cd ripping is like vinyl ripping whereas copying WAVs to and from a CD-r almost guarantees no in accuracies.

let me suggest you burn the WAVs as WAVs and NOT format it into Redbook CD format, in a way cd ripping is like vinyl ripping whereas copying WAVs to and from a CD-r almost guarantees no in accuracies.

Thanks Captian Obvious, der der der... Even after all our PM conversations about that Sonar 2001 FLAC deal you still think I'm stupid... *sigh*

Guest CBrown

let me just say this:

why on EARTH would you send something that rare in the post to somebody you've probably never met so they could record it for you. why wouldn't you do this yourself? how much can a MD possibly cost? couldn't you just buy one, whack the fucker onto your comp and return it even? i would never let something like that out of my hands for many reasons.

and the way you talk about fumbling around with it on postage makes it sound like you're either a) bullshitting or b) really that careless...honestly, isn't this basically an only known copy of completely unreleased aphex?

Guest CBrown

you may also want to ask somebody at rephlex before you go "remastering" and distributing a recording never meant for the masses

you may also want to ask somebody at rephlex before you go "remastering" and distributing a recording never meant for the masses

I'm pretty sure consulting with Richard was as Rephlex as you can get. Also good luck getting an answer from Rephlex now anyways...

let me just say this:

why on EARTH would you send something that rare in the post to somebody you've probably never met so they could record it for you. why wouldn't you do this yourself? how much can a MD possibly cost? couldn't you just buy one, whack the fucker onto your comp and return it even? i would never let something like that out of my hands for many reasons.

and the way you talk about fumbling around with it on postage makes it sound like you're either a) bullshitting or b) really that careless...honestly, isn't this basically an only known copy of completely unreleased aphex?

First off, I don't have a digital audio IN on my computer - second, my MD is only a player, so I can't make a copy, hence why I'm involving anyone else in the first place.

And yes, I really am that forgetful - I have a life outside this site/forum, and honestly it's low priority for me compared to all the other things I have to do in my daily life. And really, if it did get lost in the post, so what? I have backups I made (albeit not purely digital) on my PC, so it's not like the music would be "lost forever".

You think I'm bullshitting - did you not listen to the samples earlier in this thread?

You're obviously president of the Joyrex Fan Club...

I'm pretty sure consulting with Richard was as Rephlex as you can get. Also good luck getting an answer from Rephlex now anyways...

The intention was to get it remastered, and with Richard's permission (which I had before on certain tracks, but have since lost the PM in one of our past forum "resets" due to dodgy hosting), release the tracks, if allowed. I don't want to go violating any copyright if Richard feels these are not meant for public consumption anymore.

Guest Caustic

Hijexx = Richard

HE'S RECLAIMING HIS PROPERTY.

much more polite that busting through your wall in a tank.

Guest CATS
I don't want to go violating any copyright if Richard feels these are not meant for public consumption anymore.

just upload to the pirate bay

I don't want to go violating any copyright if Richard feels these are not meant for public consumption anymore.

just upload to the pirate bay

They'll know where they came from...

Guest CATS

if you delete our posts they'll have no proof

the only other recommendation i have is for you to leak it selectively to the people you trust most. of course it will get out eventually though, maybe do it as a very slow process. say one track a week? it would take months for the whole thing to get out. "unreleased" afx songs are passed around all the time, it certainly makes more noise when and unreleased ALBUM drops.

Guest Calx Sherbet
i've heard people talking of how the fingerbib and logon versions could possibly be fakes. this is thought because (I can't listen to them now) apparently the only difference in fingerbib is song structure editing and logon, simply stuff added on top of the originals. any thoughts? this leads me to question the legitimacy of MFM being a RDJ release

well, fingerbib was on "richard d. james" album. so it is probably made by rdj

btw. what are those 14 "afx'' mp3s that are in the downloads section of this topic. because a lot of them are very MFM-esque

?

Guest Calx Sherbet

i also noticed one of those was a ventolin remix (marazanvose i think), so now i'm kindof confused what all those are

read the thread d00d

these are obviously originals, lern2afx

agreed, how about learn to read Calx... go back to Page 1 and start over, and you will be able to answer your questions

Guest CATS
,,also for peeps with members no's above 799 .. there are rules to be red

o.o

cruel joke my friend

Guest Calx Sherbet

sorry i was just in a hurry and i didn't have time to read thirteen pages. plus the first page has nothing to do with my question. it was just somebody asking where you can find MFM and q-chastic stuff

Guest Calx Sherbet
Surely you must have seen ART2CD and Power-Pill on ebay ?

I saw Power-Pill go for $10 last month and for £92 a few weeks later...I bought mine for £42 :(

I also recently saw a guy trying to sell a copy of MFM on ebay but he said it wasn't an original MC so who cares.

Q-Chastic is the one release I've never seen anywhere and I'm pretty sure it's a joke really...

BTW : I'll buy CAT23 if anyone's got a mint copy ;)

lolololololololololololololololol CAT23. no. but in all seriousness, i would kill just to have that.

Guest Calx Sherbet
I'm loving Track 5

Joyrex, what is the likelihood of Richard contacting you about this? Has he PM'ed you alot in the past?

I think a better question is when was the last time Rich actually contacted JR?

Last I had contact with him (which was via PM) was in 2004-5 or so, when the aforementioned hosting company went tits up. I haven't heard from him or anybody from Rephlex since.

how did you get contact in the first place

?

Archived