IGNORED

drukqs

Guest felttipen

Guest felttipen

does anyone here believe that the title and the album has nothing to do with taking drugs. i just want to know if anyone tought that it doesnt

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it actually is a heavy mangling of the word "trucks." aphex twin famously muttered it while watching cars go by on the street, in some state of chemical enhancement, and it came out more like DRWQKS! but for legibility and marketing reasons, obvious phoenetic substitutions were made.

Guest felttipen

its to do with drugs. u aint gonna convince me. the music fucked up and is to do with the effects of drugs or whatever. if u dont think that then ur stupid

• 2 months later...
heavy, hard... i'm sorry, i'm not englishman, but u can understand me what do i mean... no?

Only pulling your leg SqpTwin, I think I see what you're getting at. I'd say that drukqs is something of a compilation, although that doesn't diminish it's appeal for me. Good shit is good shit.

heavy, hard... i'm sorry, i'm not englishman, but u can understand me what do i mean... no?

Only pulling your leg SqpTwin, I think I see what you're getting at. I'd say that drukqs is something of a compilation, although that doesn't diminish it's appeal for me. Good shit is good shit.

;-)

• 1 year later...
Guest HokusPoker

Sorry for bringing this up again (I've been looking for this thread for 2 days now), but I read in an interview, that it's not just a word he made up, but that it has got a meaning that he wants people to find out.

Of course this may have been another lie, but are there some new scientific findings?

Guest Drahken

What interview Hokus, cant say I've ever read that and I thought I'd read them all at least once.

I doubt it means drugs, although thats not to say there isn't some correlation there...He's stated before that he doesn't like adding to the glamorizing of drug use by waving his hands about. Why would be blatantly label an album 'Drugs' then?

My guess is he picked a name cleverly similar to Drugs to see how blown out of proportion and misinterpreted it would get. I mean come on, its DRUKQS, anyone who concludes that it MUST really mean drugs based solely on the content of the album or some interpretation of his character is just off in space.

Thats like drawing the conclusion that Yellow Submarine is a secret message confirming that your in a safe spot because your "submerged beneath the awareness of the outside world.".

Guest Ultravisitor
does anyone here believe that the title and the album has nothing to do with taking drugs. i just want to know if anyone tought that it doesnt

i was told it was just random.

all the titles on the album (with the acception of a few) were generated randomly....apparently

i don't know, i don't really care. its a fucking amazing album either way

i swear i read ages ago (somewhere completely unrelated) that 'drukQs' was some sort of touch-typing word... like a nonsense word they made up for typing tests (because of the distance between each letter or whatever ). which would explain the capital 'Q' - ie that it's just an extraneous thing to have for difficulty.

drukQsLp

checkit

Archived